website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Medal Count

Very frustrating last seven days for :CRO

For the first time since 2004 we don't win a medal in Athletics and also for the first time since 2004 we don't win a Shooting medal.

Still overall good games for us. 8 medals is more than I expected.

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

Canada doesn't stand much of a chance to becoming a force in men's football. What is the most successful Olympic sport for Canada at SOG outside of athletics anyway? I have a hard time recalling anything in particular :mumble:

Well, they invented canoeing & kayaking.

Overall the second best Olympics for us - Rio 2016 was never under threat - but scarily bad last week. :hairpull: Aside for Tin Srbić getting the horizontal bar silver, and Matea Parlov Koštro claiming 21st place in marathon, everything else can be classified under (major) disappointment. I hope we never have to witness full two weeks of the Olympics in that fashion.

Anyways, we complete with 3-3-2. I kind of like all our medals, but I guess my absolute favorites are Mektić/Pavić and Čilić/Dodig going head to head in the doubles gold medal match, Damir Martin inventing a single sculls bronze in a super human sprint, and Matea Jelić stealing the gold from the Brit within last 12 seconds of the bout.

Toni Kanaet's bronze feels pretty special too since I had very little belief in him before every match. It's definitely one of the performances I am going to rewatch soon. :d

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

Canada doesn't stand much of a chance to becoming a force in men's football. What is the most successful Olympic sport for Canada at SOG outside of athletics anyway? I have a hard time recalling anything in particular :mumble:

I feel like most Canadian medals are some relay/team silvers and bronzes, which at the same time have zero chance of becoming golds. Women's football team finally stopped that if for a moment.

#banbestmen