website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Medal Count

The battle for 4th is hotting up, 22 golds should seal it. :ROC Have got guaranteed golds in both Rhythmic Gymnastic events, whilst :GBR have got really good chances in Boxing and Track Cycling. Can see the Men's Modern Pentathlon being the decider.

Interesting fact for us Brazilians: Brazil is only the second nation in the history of the Olympic Games to improve the total number of medals earned after hosting the Olympics. We have 20 medals guaranteed now. And we can even increase the number of gold medals compared to Rio, with up to 9 now, what I believe will not happen, but there's still a chance.

13 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Interesting fact for us Brazilians: Brazil is only the second nation in the history of the Olympic Games to improve the total number of medals earned after hosting the Olympics. We have 20 medals guaranteed now. And we can even increase the number of gold medals compared to Rio, with up to 9 now, what I believe will not happen, but there's still a chance.

Who is the first?

4 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Who is the first?

:GBR from 65 in 2012 to 67 in 2016. :BRA went from 19 in 2016 to 16 currently + 4 finals (2 in boxing, 1 in men's football, 1 in women's volleyball) + 2 clear chances (1 bronze medal match in men's volleyball, 1 chance in C1 1000 canoeing) + 1 outside chance in equestrian. 

4 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

:GBR from 65 in 2012 to 67 in 2016. :BRA went from 19 in 2016 to 16 currently + 4 finals (2 in boxing, 1 in men's football, 1 in women's volleyball) + 2 clear chances (1 bronze medal match in men's volleyball, 1 chance in C1 1000 canoeing) + 1 outside chance in equestrian. 

Let's put a wager on Japan having more medals in 2024 ... if the pattern holds 

6 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Let's put a wager on Japan having more medals in 2024 ... if the pattern holds 

With France hosting the event, it's going to be highly unlikely, but I'd never say never. I just don't see raw talent in swimming, athletics and gymnastics for that, and certainly they won't have the host nation advantage to boost their scores in skateboarding. Also, repeating the same level of success in Judo, especially against France at home, is going to be very, very tough.