website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Arrivals & Athletes' Village

8 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Our building:

Hide contents

Imagen

Women's volleyball team in front of it:

Reveal hidden contents

Argentina and Italy? If we are in a normal situation, it's gonna be a 24x7 party in that building

Despite what some in the media would have you believe, it seems the athletes are all enjoying the village.

I follow a lot of Irish athletes on instagram and they're all posting pictures of how happy and proud they are to be there.

30 minutes ago, dodge said:

Despite what some in the media would have you believe, it seems the athletes are all enjoying the village.

I follow a lot of Irish athletes on instagram and they're all posting pictures of how happy and proud they are to be there.

Totally agree! Most of what I've seen from the athletes on social media shows them enjoying the village. Meanwhile the national news is continually emphasizing the inconvenience and restrictions everywhere.

Speaking of enjoying themselves: members of skateboard team playing football with the local cleaner:

https://twitter.com/TeamNLtweets/status/1417106910025854980?s=20

2 hours ago, dodge said:

Noticed that too. Athletes knew from months out there would be restrictions Few if any were going 'just to party'. Its the pinnacle of their sporting careers not a jaunt. They seemed to have been treated well by locals at their training camps. Too much doom being thrown around by journalists.

That said poor lads like Jack Wooley will be expected to be out of village by next Monday and on the way home with two weeks of the Games still to go! Not that he will mind if he medals.