website statistics

Poll 95/100 | 5 Days To Go | Who'll finish in the Top 5 of the Medal Tally at the end of Day 1?

Poll 95/100  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following nations be in top 5 in the medal tally at the end of Day 1 Tokyo 2020?

• Russia
    • Iran
    • Italy
    • Hungary
    • Colombia
    • Netherlands
    • India
    • South Korea
    • Japan
    • China
    • Serbia
    • Mexico
    • Turkey
    • Mongolia
    • Spain
    • Kazaksthan
    • Ukraine
    • Kosovo

Medal events on Day 1

Shooting : Women's 10m Air Rifle, Men's 10m Air Pistol 

Weightlifting : Women's -49kg 

Judo : Men's -60kg , Women's 48kg 

Cycling : Men's Road Race

Fencing : Women's Epee, Men's Sabre

Taekwondo : Men's 58kg , Women's 49kg

Archery : Mixed Team 

it's a fierce battle between :CHN and :KOR

I'm gonna pick :KOR (gold in mixed archery, men's fencing, men's taekwondo)

p.s. I think at least 8 or 9 (and maybe even 10) out of 11 gold medals in day 1 would eventually go to Asian Nations...

the only "safe" non Asian gold medal should be the men's road race in cycling...

1 hour ago, Orangehair43 said:

I wonder how many European countries will win a medal on day 1. I know GB is very unlikely.

I assume 3 European countries will medal in Road cycling. And I don't follow fencing, but isn't that a sport where various European nations can compete for medals (Italy, France, Hungary, Russia)? Don't know about all the combat sports, shooting and weightlifting but I assume those will be Asian dominated.

For the Netherlands the mixed archery team can compete for silver or bronze if they avoid the South Koreans in the quarter final I believe.

10 minutes ago, Jinzha said:

I assume 3 European countries will medal in Road cycling. And I don't follow fencing, but isn't that a sport where various European nations can compete for medals (Italy, France, Hungary, Russia)? Don't know about all the combat sports, shooting and weightlifting but I assume those will be Asian dominated.

For the Netherlands the mixed archery team can compete for silver or bronze if they avoid the South Koreans in the quarter final I believe.

Hungary won both of the fencing events in  2016 so should be in the hunt for medals.