website statistics

Athletics EAA European Under 20 Championships 2021

Totallympics

Five silvers for :NED so far. Men's 110mH, women's 200m and men's 1500m today.

Seedo isn't in the same form she was when she broke through last year. Luckily Bischops has done really well in the 100m (5th) and 200m (2nd)!

Edit: 6 apparently! @OlympicIRL Looks like I missed one. I only knew women's shot put and heptathlon in addition to the 3 I named.

1 hour ago, Jinzha said:

Seedo isn't in the same form she was when she broke through last year. Luckily Bischops has done really well in the 100m (5th) and 200m (2nd)!

Edit: 6 apparently! @OlympicIRL Looks like I missed one. I only knew women's shot put and heptathlon in addition to the 3 I named.

I think Seedo has her breakthrough 2 years ago at the same meet. Sophia looks like a very promising talent, not sure about your other medalists.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

:LTU Mykolas Alekna, son of legendary Discus thrower Virgilijus Alekna, just won with amazing 68 metres! he had advantage of second place finished with more than 6m. Discus throw traditions continues in Lithuania.

21 hours ago, Jinzha said:

Impressive streak continues with another in the men’s 4x100m.

Britt Weerman breaks it with a Gold in the women’s High Jump

FINALLY a medal for Greece! Gold for Elina Tzengko in the women's javelin :GRE

It was expected that she'd take gold but still nice to see. She had a really bad season so far (although she is WU20L it's still far from her PB) and missed Tokyo by one spot in the end. At least she was able to get gold here as some consolation. Hopefully she can do the same at the World Championships next month. Also she was 4th here in 2019 as a 16 year old so it's nice that she didn't mess up this time around. She has a history of poor performances in important events (also might explain why she started throwing better this year after it seemed unlikely to make it to Tokyo because she no longer had that pressure), but now she has two gold medals (2018 Youth Olympics and now 2021 European U20 Championships) so hopefully this gives her confidence for other big competitions going forward.

Also nice for Greece to finally reach the podium here after 4th place finishes in the men's hammer throw and women's 800m.

Good start from Ukraine , we have such a good reserve 

Gold : Artur Felfner (he is very strong with PB , EU20 Lead and WU20 Lead) 

Silver : Svitlana Zhulzhyk (hm , in Paris there are interesting battle between her , Olga Lyakhova and Nataliia Krol') 

Bronze : Oleksandr Onufriev (absolutely unexpected , but +14 cm. to his PB - what a huge improvement)