website statistics

Summer Paralympic Games 2020

Olympian1010

52 minutes ago, Nickyc707 said:

Although GB won fewer medals than 2016 they did set a new record for breadth with the medals spread across 18 of the 22 Paralympic sports. No country had previously exceeded 15. 

Brazil had medals in 14 sports, which is also our record. Sadly we were very close to 17 sports with 4th places in Badminton, Cycling and Triathlon.

Fantastic edition for :ITA  with 69 medals, it's 2nd best Paralympic ever (80 medals at Rome 1960)

Medals from 11 different disciplines with swimming at top (39 medals)

Italy closed Tokyo 2020 with a historic clean sweep in the women's 100m T63  with Ambra Sabatini, Martina Caironi and Monica Graziana Contrafatto.

Sabatini also break the world record two time in heat and in final; with 19 years old is the new rising star of Athletics

More than medals, are the stories of these extraordinary athletes an important lesson.

8 hours ago, Henry_Leon said:

Fantastic edition for :ITA  with 69 medals, it's 2nd best Paralympic ever (80 medals at Rome 1960)

Medals from 11 different disciplines with swimming at top (39 medals)

Italy closed Tokyo 2020 with a historic clean sweep in the women's 100m T63  with Ambra Sabatini, Martina Caironi and Monica Graziana Contrafatto.

Sabatini also break the world record two time in heat and in final; with 19 years old is the new rising star of Athletics

More than medals, are the stories of these extraordinary athletes an important lesson.

Italy have definitely developed an impressive swimming programme.

3 hours ago, opruh said:

China with the most golds as always. :coffee:

If they couldn't get most golds with their vast population in relation to every other country bar India they would have to be doing something very wrong. This advantage is even greater than at the Olympics given the class based system employed in Paralympic sports.

Hey guys! I’m new to this form, but I’ve lurked around for a little bit.  Here’s a write up I did from the Paralympic Games… I apologize for the obnoxious formatting, since I was wrestling with block editor all night.

https://medalzone.wordpress.com/2021/09/07/2020ne-takeaways-from-tokyo-paralympics/

On 9/6/2021 at 4:25 PM, Nickyc707 said:

If they couldn't get most golds with their vast population in relation to every other country bar India they would have to be doing something very wrong. This advantage is even greater than at the Olympics given the class based system employed in Paralympic sports.

So India is doing something very wrong? :yikes: I'm glad the result means China is doing the right things. Do you agree Nickyc707? :coffee:

23 minutes ago, opruh said:

So India is doing something very wrong? :yikes: I'm glad the result means China is doing the right things. Do you agree Nickyc707? :coffee:

I don't think India is driven to use sport for political purposes in the same way that China is, so I don't believe they are doing it wrong they just have a different agenda. China on the other hand is a totalitarian regime which uses sport to promote itself just as other such regimes have done since the 1930s. As I said previously failure to succeed would have been unthinkable given the massive population advantage they enjoy which enables them to compete in more classes than any other country. Is China doing the right thing in using sport for political purposes? No. Is it doing the right things to win medals at the Paralympics? Apparently.