website statistics

Summer Paralympic Games 2020

Olympian1010

A medal for :OMA! I'm surprised!

After :ESA I didn't expect any new countries to win medals for the first time, especially because in 2016 and 2012 only one new country earned a medal in each edition: :CPV in 2016 and :FIJ in 2012. 

Men's Goalball

Gold Medal Match: :CHN vs :BRA

Bronze Medal Match: :USA vs :LTU

Spoiler

China does it again and at this point they may win the final (they were 7th at the most recent world championship). For these matches, Brazil and Lithuania are my picks, but nothing is surprising at this point.

Women's Goalball

Gold Medal Match: :USA vs :TUR

Bronze Medal Match: :BRA vs :JPN

Spoiler

The expected final. Turkey and Japan are my predictions, although I hope Brazil wins bronze given our historical results:

2004: 7th

2008: 6th

2012: 5th

2016: 4th

2020: ?

Men's Football 5-a-side

Gold Medal Match: :ARG vs :BRA

Bronze Medal Match: :CHN vs :MAR

Spoiler

Brazil (and Morocco) for the win, but Argentina winning wouldn't be that surprising - they beat Brazil in this cycle (american championship) and were runner-up in other competitions.

Men's Sitting Volleyball

Gold Medal Match: :RPC vs :IRI

Bronze Medal Match: :BRA vs :BIH

Spoiler

Another gold for Iran, but bronze medal match should be interesting. Brazil got here losing 3 of 4 matches, so Bosnia is my pick.

Women's Wheelchair Basketball

Gold Medal Match: :NED vs :CHN

Bronze Medal Match: :GER vs :USA

Spoiler

Got the Germany prediction wrong but I think they still will win bronze. China is the favourite for gold (they've guaranteed their first ever medal in this sport!), but the dutch team is hungry for the win after 5 medals but no title.

31 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

how come a sport like para taekwondo making its debut and not been broadcasted in Paralympics youtube channel ! 

Just terrible. I wish I could have watched the gold medalist from Brazil and of course what happened in semifinal with your athlete.

I didn't pay much attention to the Hungarian parasports, so I am not sure if this was expected, but we are having our second best Paralympics ever. To put into perspective, have won 5 gold medals between 2004 and 2016 at the Paralympics, and now we have 7 gold medals in Tokyo, which is a huge improvement in terms of gold medals.