website statistics

Summer Paralympic Games 2020

Olympian1010

15 hours ago, dcro said:

And more to the fact, this was just the most blatant robbery I have ever seen.

Sophie Wells somehow improved on her previous score despite a large mistake in counter canter, and near-lateral walk. "Disgusting", as some would say.

Wells scored 75.651%. Leitch gave her the second lowest score of 74.419% so if your allegations are correct the fault lies with the three judges from other countries who boosted her score rather than with Leitch.

16 hours ago, dcro said:

Meanwhile, all is well in the world of para-dressage. :rolleyes:

Even though they were beatable since Rio, the British Paralympic record remains unbeaten thanks to the masterful effort of certain :GBR Sarah LEITCH in underscoring Dutch riders.

No, this is not sensationalism. Excluding her input, the Dutch would have scored 1.491% more (230.740), which would easily be enough for the gold medal...

https://olympics.com/tokyo-2020/paralympic-games/resPG2020-/pdf/PG2020-/EQU/PG2020-_EQU_C73(D)A_EQUODRESTEAM05050-----------------.pdf

Interestingly, you didn't note that she underscored four of the six British and Dutch riders in comparison with the average of the judges as a whole, while a fifth was marked in line with the average. Of the six riders she only seems to have overmarked one in relation to the other judges, namely Pearson. You may have some sort of a case but I suspect you have overstepped into the very sensationalism which you feared.

The main trends I saw were that the German consistently overmarked the riders from these two countries, while the Norwegian underscored them. Meanwhile, the Italian judge seemed to have some of the oddest views of the respective performances of the competitors.

30 minutes ago, Nickyc707 said:

Wells scored 75.651%. Leitch gave her the second lowest score of 74.419% so if your allegations are correct the fault lies with the three judges from other countries who boosted her score rather than with Leitch.

This is an entirely different point. Big names can get away with mistakes.

18 minutes ago, Nickyc707 said:

Interestingly, you didn't note that she underscored four of the six British and Dutch riders in comparison with the average of the judges as a whole, while a fifth was marked in line with the average. Of the six riders she only seems to have overmarked one in relation to the other judges, namely Pearson. You may have some sort of a case but I suspect you have overstepped into the very sensationalism which you feared.

The main trends I saw were that the German consistently overmarked the riders from these two countries, while the Norwegian underscored them. Meanwhile, the Italian judge seemed to have some of the oddest views of the respective performances of the competitors.

Well, based on the individual scores from earlier days, it was obvious that the competition was going to be close. So underscoring the Dutch was quite enough to change the gold medal winner. Sanne Voets for example was the last to go in the entire competition, and Leitch'a conservative input there singlehandedly lowered the Dutch final score by over 0.5 pts...

Plus her score for Pearson raised the British score by about 0.7 pts.

So looking only at scores where Leitch's input was either the highest or the lowest, she made a net gain of over 2 pts in favor of GB...

#banbestmen