website statistics

Summer Paralympic Games 2020

Olympian1010

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Watching the track cycling now, and out of curiousity: why do C1, C2 and C3 all exist, even though they compete as one? What's the point, other than to differentiate between disabilities, if nothing is actually done with said differences? It seems like a whole lot of classification work for basically nothing...

Unlike in para-skiing for example, where the clock runs faster/slower depending on the classification.

Each classification has separate events on the men’s side, but they are combined because of a lack of participation, entries, etc. (whatever reason/combination of reasons) on the women’s side. Because the pursuit is a straight race, there’s no factored time. Essentially, C1 and C2 riders are being allowed to compete up a class(es) at the C3 level for this event. 

The 500m time trial should have factored times for the different classifications like in cross country skiing, since the result is purely a matter of time against the clock.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Speaking of track cycling…the WR fell in every event contested yesterday :bowdown:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

:USA pulls a comeback over :GER in men’s wheelchair basketball. Germany gave the 2016 Paralympic champions a good challenge.

Klaasen takes the Women’s 1km Time Trial B for the Netherlands. :NED undefeated in B events so far…

15 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

No powerlifting stream scheduled and this is very worrying..

Powerlifting, Wheelchair Fencing, and Taekwondo will not be broadcast. ENG Highlights will be available for those sports.

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

Powerlifting, Wheelchair Fencing, and Taekwondo will not be broadcast. ENG Highlights will be available for those sports.

Let's end discrimination with the #WeThe15 campaign, but let's also not show all the sports live.. Very nice :rolleyes:

Just want to point out that I’ve posted in multiple threads and multiple times about what sports would covered. I do my best to keep these threads informative, since I spend a lot of time following these multi-sports games. It’s a bit disheartening to get the same questions and comments over and over. It honestly makes me feel like I’m wasting my time posting on here…