website statistics

Men's Ice Hockey IIHF Under 20 World Championship 2019

hckošice

2 minutes ago, phelps said:

and after that, did they play this song in the arena? :roflmao:

haha nope, I am watching this on Kazakh stream but couldn´t notice which goal song they are using :dhttp://cdn.livetvcdn.net/webplayer2.php?t=ifr&c=1087336&lang=en&eid=748898&lid=1087336&ci=1491&si=2

Maybe one day Denmark will score two goals in a match, or win a period again. Maybe in 2097 they will win a match at the U-20 World Championship again. I might sound too optimistic. :p

Edited by wumo26

Wednesday January 2nd, 2019 -

Results (GMT -8)

Relegation Round
Match 1
1st Game of the Best-of-3 Match Series,
the Nations will be ranked 9th-10th, the series losing team (10th ranked nation) will be relegated to the Under 20 Division I Group A World Championship 2020

(1) Kazakhstan KAZ.gif 4 - 3 DEN.gif Denmark (0)
Period-by-Period: 2-1, 1-0, 1-2
January 2nd 2019, h. 11:00, Rogers Arena, Vancouver
(Series Standing: Kazakhstan - Denmark 1-0)

RELEGATION ROUND - MATCH 1 HIGHLIGHTS

(1) Kazakhstan KAZ.gif 4 - 3 DEN.gif Denmark (0)

Period-by-Period: 2-1, 1-0, 1-2
January 2nd 2019, h. 11:00, Rogers Arena, Vancouver

37e76d1b-bbe7-437d-b89c-74578c0dcf48.png

Denmark scored its first goal of the tournament midway through the opening period to tie the game, 1-1, but Kazakhstan scored first and next, taking the opening game of the best-of-three relegation by a 4-3 score.

Ok , was a drastic night, Awful performances of our goalies tonight, just disastrous...but in other hand absolutely deserved result, Bravo Russia.

here my 2 cents about this game

1. Russia :bowdown:

2. KOCHETKOV :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tarasov

3. Seriously Bragyn was this really necessary to challenge a goal 1 minute to go when leading 8-1 ? :facepalm:

from SVK view..even with this total blowout, we still can consider the tournament successful, once again it was for us a 1 match mission, we succeeded in the our most important game and send Kazakhstan to the relegation round, we secured our spot among the world juniors top ten also for next year and remains still a never relegated country. so, successfull...

but there still remain the bitter feelings that we missed the chance to achieve something bigger in this tournament. Especially in the game against the Americans, our best match here this year (I do not count the match vs Kazakhstan, the team was prepared and focused the whole season for this match, so even if we dominated that game in every aspect and won easily 11-2). they, Sweden and Finland are in this youngs categories far far far away of us, we can beat them once but not in regular basis. 

the same with the Russians, there only 2 possibilities how our games can finish, either a blowout if we allow them a early lead or a close game if our goalie play a huge game (unfortunately it was not todays case)

at least we outshoted Russia tonight, that´s something never happened before I guess...but, yeah, there no shoot like shoot :d

Shots On Goal : Slovakia - Russia  35-30, Goals: Slovakia - Russia  3-8  :p

Wednesday January 2nd, 2019 -

Results (GMT -8)

Quarterfinals
Winning teams will qualify for the Semifinals (will be paired following the Brackets),
Losing teams will be ranked 5th-8th depending on their final standings and points in the Preliminary Round

Russia RUS.gif 8 - 3 SVK.gif Slovakia
Period-by-Period: 4-0, 3-0, 1-3
January 2nd 2019, h. 19:30, Rogers Arena, Vancouver

I
United States USA.gif 3 - 1 CZE.gif Czech Republic
Period-by-Period: 1-0, 1-0, 1-1
January 2nd 2019, h. 17:00,
Save-On-Foods Memorial Center, Victoria
I
I

Sweden SWE.gif 0 - 2 SUI.gif Switzerland
Period-by-Period: 0-1, 0-1, 0-0
January 2nd 2019, h. 13:00,
I
Canada CAN.gif 1 - 2OT FIN.gif Finland
Period-by-Period: 0-0, 1-0, 0-1, Overtime: 0-1
January 2nd 2019, h. 15:30, Rogers Arena, Vancouver

Final Standing 5th-8th

58930d76-6f14-4856-bca7-7af2c14e6ee2.png

QUARTERFINALS HIGHLIGHTS

Sweden SWE.gif 0 - 2 SUI.gif Switzerland
Period-by-Period: 0-1, 0-1, 0-0
January 2nd 2019, h. 13:00,

29877287-ca88-4a2d-8000-5c57d2507e66.png

It was the first upset of the 2019 IIHF World Junior Championship, and it was a biggie. Switzerland defeated Sweden 2-0 to advance to the semi-finals.