website statistics

Games of the Small States of Europe 2019

Yannakis

Now some Montenegrin poetry followed by a karate demonstration...

No clue what’s going on really

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

The athletes have finished processing in (without the Vatican City I might add), they’ve just finished the Montenegrin national anthem (I quite like Montenegrin national anthem). 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I shouldn’t have bothered reading up on the history of Montenegro because they are giving quite an intriguing summary of it tonight, with some good music I might add.

On 24/05/2019 at 23:53, Olympian1010 said:

Montenegro has done their best trying to host these games, but I get the feeling that they should of waited a few more years. There were some minor (maybe major) schedule changes announced today. It looks like quite a few events have been axed from the program (there will be no women’s shotgun events this year, very few categories in Judo, and only 4 Boules events (and only 1 for women). Most team sports have also succumbed to round robin formats to decide the winner.

@ChandlerMne I’d love to know your feelings about the games, and what I’ve said. I hope your country really does give it their best effort too. Have a good time.

Revised Final Schedule

Games should be good promotion for my country. Our history is quite rich, so oppening ceremony should be interesting. Also,scenery should be thing to follow, so pitty for cycling. 

I dont expect much, TBH. Experience for our young athletes, presenting Montenegro to world. We will see effects after games.

Cant express enough respect for your interest in these Games. 

3 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

Games should be good promotion for my country. Our history is quite rich, so oppening ceremony should be interesting. Also,scenery should be thing to follow, so pitty for cycling. 

I dont expect much, TBH. Experience for our young athletes, presenting Montenegro to world. We will see effects after games.

Cant express enough respect for your interest in these Games. 

You know the ceremony’s been wonderful so far, but for some reason I’m just not feeling it today. Plus, I already spent 2 days learning about Montenegrin history and culture, so it’s a little redundant to me there. It’s definitely better than San Marino’s 2 years ago. I can also sense a huge sense of nationalism, which is usually unusual in Montenegro from my understanding. I’ve loved seeing the culture though. I’ll be here throughout the games (I’ll also be writing some small articles on them). 

Yeah the organizing committee has made some decisions regarding the sports program that I do not understand. The cycling thing I get since Montenegro is weak there, but I would’ve thought they’d add water Polo or handball. I also have no clue why Boules is on the program again (though I’m fine with it).

If you take any pictures or videos I’d love to see them. 

The history of Montenegro is apparently long for a country that’s only existed for like 15 years :p

Loved this dive into Montenegrin culture though. Beautiful music, beautiful scenery, beautiful dancing, great use of time, and great use of space and money. I’d say this Ceremony is worth about 3.5 stars out 5, which is the most I’ve ever given a non major games.

President of the EOC making some friends here as he gives his strong support to the games.