website statistics

Olympic Games 2020 League

Tried to do a sleepless night and failed :lol: So I'm just a little late, but can still get around to make the standings.

FINAL Day 1 and Total Standings:

1. (NC) :KOS Kosovo 25 × 5 = 125

2. (NC) :KOR South Korea 61 × 2 = 122

3. (NC) :SRB Serbia 30 × 4 = 120

4. (NC) :HUN Hungary 29 × 4 = 116

5. (NC) :ECU Ecuador 25 × 4 = 100

6. (NC) :ITA Italy 49 × 2 = 98

7. (NC) :CHN China 92 × 1 = 92

8. (NC) :BEL Belgium 22 × 4 = 88

9. (NC) :NED Netherlands 28 × 3 = 84

10. (NC) :THA Thailand 27 × 3 = 81

=11. (NC) :TPE Chinese Taipei (Taiwan) 26 × 3 = 78

=11. (NC) :IRI Iran 26 × 3 = 78

13. (NC) :TUN Tunisia 18 × 4 = 72

14. (NC) :EST Estonia 14 × 5 = 70

15. (NC) :ISR Israel 16 × 4 = 64

=16. (NC) :SLO Slovenia 12 × 5 = 60

=16. (NC) :UKR Ukraine 20 × 3 = 60

=16. (NC) :MGL Mongolia 12 × 5 = 60

19. (NC) :ROU Romania 18 × 3 = 54

=20. (NC) :SUI Switzerland 12 × 4 = 48

=20. (NC) :FRA France 24 × 2 = 48

22. (NC) :JPN Japan 47 × 1 = 47

23. (NC) :IND India 23 × 2 = 46

24. (NC) :INA Indonesia 14 × 3 = 42

25. (NC) :GEO Georgia 8 × 5 = 40

26. (NC) :ROC ROC (Russia) 39 x 1 = 39

=27. (NC) :KAZ Kazakhstan 12 × 3 = 36

=27. (NC) :ESP Spain 18 × 2 = 36

29. (NC) :NOR Norway 6 × 5 = 30

30. (NC) :MEX Mexico 12 × 2 = 24

=31. (NC) :TUR Turkey 10 × 2 = 20

=31. (NC) :HKG Hong Kong 4 × 5 = 20

33. (NC) :POR Portugal 4 × 4 = 16

=34. (NC) :CUB Cuba 3 × 4 = 12

=34. (NC) :ARG Argentina 6 × 2 = 12

36. (NC) :ETH Ethiopia 2 × 5 = 10

=37. (NC) :GER Germany 4 × 2 = 8

=37. (NC) :CAN Canada 4 × 2 = 8

=37. (NC) :VIE Vietnam 2 × 4 = 8

40. (NC) :USA USA 6 × 1 = 6

41. (NC) :DOM Dominican Republic 1 × 4 = 4

42. (NC) :COL Colombia 1 × 3 = 3

43. (NC) :GBR Great Britain 1 × 2 = 2

Most Gained Positions:

Unavailable

Most Lost Positions:

Unavailable

Newcomers:

Everybody 

Also I've been trying to edit these standings like 4 times now due to my incompetence, so I will slowly update them throughout the day.

DAY 1 REPORT

Welcome to the first daily report of the 2020 Olympics League! The first competition day went pretty well with lots of ups and downs and random out-of-nowhere rises to the top of the standings. A total of 43 NOCs earned at least a point today with Kosovo as the "winner" of Day 1 and current total standing leader. 

The Fight for the Top

The league competition day started with a Chinese shooter Quin Yang's victory and Switzerland's rise to 1st place in the standings post-multipliers. Then Iran took the lead after it's shooter Javad Foroughi won his discipline and the NOC held on to the lead until Ecuador's Richard Carapaz won the men's cycling road race and let his country's Olympic team go up to 1st place. But Ecuador's reign ended in around 2 hours when the Kosovian judoka Distria Krasniqi won the NOC's only second Olympic gold and gave them the lead in the standings and, despite the efforts of other NOCs to end their glory, Kosovo took the day "victory" at the end of it and carries on it's lead to Sunday.

The Great 8

This segment of the daily reports will talk about the Top 8 Olympic teams of the total standings and their work throughout the day, so let's begin!

8th: Belgium

Belgium today competed in 2 points giving events and did pretty well in both, earning 5th in the Weightlifting Women's -49kg Group A and in the total standings and earning a silver medal in the Men's Road Cycling Race thanks to Sterckx and van Aert respectively, earning 22 points pre- and 88 points post-multipliers, just edging out their Benelux buddies Netherlands. Other than that, not really that much to say, except "Good luck!"

7th: China

China have been above and beyond the best team yesterday (or today, belongs where you live) with 3 golds and 1 bronze to their tally and a couple of top 8 appearances in other disciplines too. Pre and post-multipliers their points tally today stays the same: 91. Unbelievable for a team with no outside help and considering the fact that some other big in both team size and population countries struggled badly to even earn points today.

6th: Italy

Italy had a pretty poor start to the day, not earning a single point, but they had some in the pipeline and they helped. A ton. Italy is currently sitting in the medal tally with a gold and a silver, add in some nice points finishes and it is currently running with 49 points before and 98 after the multipliers. Italy friendly ripped it's Eurovision "Big Five" buddies into pieces today, but it's only the beggining and the other four can always backfire, so Italy must continue the decent results.

5th: Ecuador

Richard Carapaz.

4th: Hungary

Same with Italy, they've had a poor start with points in the pipeline and the team ended the day with a gold from Aron Szilagyi in Men's Fencing Individual Sabre and a 5th from Omar Salim in Taekwondo Men's -58kg to their name, totalling up to 29 points and 116 post-multipliers. An excellent way to start before the aquatics kick in to this league.

3rd: Serbia

Serbia is currently the only team in the top 5 of the standings to not have a gold medal yet, instead benefiting from a silver from Mikec in Men's Shooting 10m Air Pistol and a bronze in Taekwondo Women's -49kg from Bogdanovic, adding up to 30 points and a whopping 120 after the multiplier treatment, only a 7th place away from taking the lead from what I think are their biggest enemies. Again, nothing else to say, let's move on to

2nd: South Korea

Unbelievable push by them, 1 gold in the Archery Mixed Team and 2 bronzes and a massive 61 point tally today and 122 after multipliers are applied. South Korea managed to take advantage of the disciplines with a gold medal game today as they were pretty favouring to them and China and that's why they are 1-2 in the pre-multiplier points tally. They will probably fall in the standings later in the 'lympics but the sign of that happening isn't there.

1st: Kosovo

Distria Krasniqi. Yes, I reused the same joke as before. Cry about it. /s

And that concludes the Great 8 segment, now time for the announcement moment.

I am converting the standings to Google Sheets to make them more convenient for me and more detailed for you. I will still post the top 10 of both the day and the total standings with the country/state flags together with some fun trivia too, but the rest only stay in the Sheets. Hopefully you like this idea and this report and if you don't, you can give your critizisms or/and recommendations to improve the delivery of this whole thing on this thread.

Hello everyone, had the same moment as yesterday when I tried to go the night sleepless and then got too exausted, fell on my bed and while using my phone went asleep. F***.

Sadly, I can't do live updates today and hopefully only today, but the updates will arrive today, just a couple of hours late. Hopefully you understand and are excited for when the standings updates come later, but still today.

I finally did it! I was able to sort of go sleepless as I only went for a nap in the middle of the night. Now back to business. Due to me being pretty lazy after returning home yesterday up until midnight I updated the standings throughout the night and I am about to give them now. I will post more trivia after all the medal events are over and I may lump today's and yesterday's league competition talk into one Day 2 + 3 Report, you'll see if it will be like that later. Right, time for the standings.

Final Day 2 Standings (Top 10):

1. :USA USA 194 × 1 = 194

2. :AUS Australia 57 × 3 = 171

3. :HUN Hungary 39 × 4 = 156

4. :ITA Italy 69 × 2 = 138

5. :CHN China 135 × 1 = 135

6. :AUT Austria 31 × 4 = 124

7. :JPN Japan 122 × 1 = 122

8. :FRA France 58 × 2 = 116

9. :KOR South Korea 57 × 2 = 114

10. :GEO Georgia 21 × 5 = 105

Final Day 3 Standings (Top 10):

1.  :GBR Great Britain 135 × 2 = 270 

2. :CRO Croatia 37 × 5 = 185

3. :AUS Australia 53 × 3 = 159

4. :NOR Norway 30 × 5 = 150

5. :SLO Slovenia 29 × 5 = 145

6. :ITA Italy 72 × 2 = 144

7. :JPN Japan 137 × 1 = 137

=8. :USA USA 135 × 1 = 135

=8. :KOS Kosovo 27 × 5 = 135

10. :CZE Czech Republic 32 × 4 = 128

Current Total Standings (Top 10):

1. (+1) :ITA Italy 380 pts

2. (+19) :GBR Great Britain 362 pts

3. (+1) :CHN China 351 pts

4. (+1) :USA USA 335 pts

5. (+2) :AUS Australia 330 pts

6. (-5) :HUN Hungary 320 pts

7. (-4) :KOR South Korea 318 pts

8. (0) :JPN Japan 306 pts

9. (+1) :FRA France 280 pts

10. (+3) :KOS Kosovo 260 pts

Biggest Gainers:

1. Norway: 44th -> 18th (+22)

2. Denmark: 61st -> 41st (+20)

=3. Great Britain: 21st -> 2nd

=3. Slovenia: 33rd -> 14th

=3. Hong Kong: 40th -> 21st (+19)

Biggest Losers:

=1. Dominican Republic: 58th -> 74th

=1. Vietnam: 59th -> 75th (-16)

3. Iran: 23rd -> 37th (-14)

=4. 7 countries (don't want to bother) (-13)

Random Trivia:

:ITA Italy is the only country to win the Eurovision, the Euros and lead the Olympics League by the end of a day in the same year.

Full Standings Here: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NiyTqxwllnpaL3jr_ziLk4UTxz6QuVU6sQNjZ8FVRUU/edit?usp=sharing

Day 2 + 3 Report

Welcome to the report of the last 2 competition days! They've been full of ups and downs, out of nowhere runs and very impressive performances. While Day 1 ended with such countries as Kosovo and Ecuador relying on one athlete to carry them to greatness, Day 2 and 3 allowed the big boys to catch up and take the lead of the league. Speaking of it, the leader of the league is currently Italy with 380 points and 190 without multipliers, while as the Olympic team leading the league before any multipliers are applied is China with 351 points. Now let's get into the good stuff, like...

The Fight for the Top (Day 3 only)

Norway started the day off right by taking the clear lead in the standings thanks to Blummenfelt's victory in Men's Triathlon and they held that lead until swimming striked, and, together with it, Australia. It took the lead from Norway, but were unaware of the secret threat initialed "GB". The golds from Peaty, Pidcock and the pair of Daley and Lee helped the British athletes jump straight into the day standing lead and they kept it for most of the rest of the day.

The Great 8

Now it's time for the Great 8, a report segment which features the top 8 Olympic teams in the total league standings and their performance, very rarely my opinion and not as rarely stupid trivia and jokes. No more meaningless fluff, let's get into the segment:

8th: Japan

The home team had a mediocre Day 1, but it woke up on Day 2 way stronger than before and with 7 golds, 2 silvers, 3 bronzes and 2 triple-digit day points tallies in a row, Japan has found itself at the edge of the Great 8. Even tho it can't take advantage of the home crowd, it still dominates Judo with success in other sports varying a ton between each sport. A good recovery for the hosts.

7th: South Korea

After an amazing Day 1, South Korea's day points tallies have been slowly declining, with 61 at D1 and 

41 at D3 (pre-multipliers). The NOC still has 4 bronzes and 3 golds, although the champions for Korea have all been archers so far. Considering the way more increased event amount throughout the days, Korea's results have been really underwhelming the previous last 48 hours and Day 1 seemed like an NOC just taking advantage of favourable disciplines all lining up in the span of 15 hours. Still an OK showing so far.

6th: Hungary

This team has been declining even harder than South Korea,  and has way less medals than it - 1 gold and 1 silver, both in fencing, but there's the multipliers and how the Hungarians will take advantage of them is to watch out for the front runners. Not a bad run for Hungary.

5th: Australia

Australia didn't even score a single point during Day 1, but had a great run in Swimming during Days 2 and 3, earning pretty much all the points in that sport. Aussies have 2 golds, 1 silver and 3 bronzes, all from Swimming. They will be brought back to earth after the Swimming competition is over, but for now, they are a threat and a half.

4th: USA

Of course they will get here. During Day 1, USA was really bad for as big and sports rich of a country it is, with only 6 points under their belt. But, during the last 2 days, it picked up steam and is now in the top 5 and also have a Day 2 victory in their achievement collection. This team is definitely not trending away from the Great 8 unless all of the medal contenders get sick and have to withdraw but that is nearly impossible.

3rd: China 

China was as good, if not, better, in Days 2-3 as it was at Day 1. Moving on.

2nd: GB

This team's Day 1 was a laughing stock as they earned a 1 measly point the entire 24 hours. Day 2 was very much OK and that helped then get into the Top 25 and during Day 3 they wiped the slate clean and, if looking by points and the sjeer quantity of good results that day, "won" the day. They ended the day with 3 golds, 3 silvers and a bronze, a pretty good medal tally, if I say so myself, and a good point tally too with 362 points post- and 181 pre-multipliers.

1st: Italy

Italy is by far the most consistent Olympic team in this league, as they've been at the front at the end of the 1st day of competition and still are now. The medal tally of 1 gold, 4 silvers and bronzes each is a interesting one, I'll say that. Even tho they were at the near very top of the league standings, they, like every single other country not just in the Great 8, but the rest of the total league standings, couldn't pull away from other NOCs at all, which shows that this team ranking method is pretty good and makes me and, hopefully, all of you for an exciting close battle at the end of the Olympics.

Hope you enjoyed the report of the last 2 competition days Day 2 and 3. Sorry if some of the report seems to be messy and inconsistent in terms of writing, my reasoning is that it was pretty late and I had difficulty to concentrate on and not do the previous 2 problems mentioned. If you have other critizisms or recommendations for these reports or the league itself, just tell me in this very thread. Thank you for your attention and see you at Day 4!

Hello everybody! Sorry for not doing live updates of the standings outside of the spreadsheet, but at least you get the Top 10s (with little flags to make it look nicer) right now so here you go.

Final Day 4 Standings (Top 10):

1. :SUI Switzerland 58 × 4 = 232

2. :GBR GB 109 × 2 = 218

3. :USA USA 214 × 1 = 214

4. :AUS Australia 60 × 3 = 180

5. :CAN Canada 73 × 2 = 146

6. :RUS Russia (ROC) 144 × 1 = 144

7. :ITA Italy 67 × 2 = 134

=8. :BER Bermuda 25 × 5 = 125

=8. :EST Estonia 25 × 5 = 125

10. :SRB Serbia 31 × 4 = 124

Current Total Standings after 4 Competition Days:

1. (+1) :GBR GB 580 pts 

2. (+2) :USA USA 549 pts

3. (-2) :ITA Italy 514 pts

4. (+1) :AUS Australia 510 pts

5. (-2) :CHN China 446 pts

6. (+1) :KOR South Korea 430 pts

7. (+1) :JPN Japan 416 pts

8. (+12) :SUI Switzerland 404 pts

9. (-) :FRA France 394 pts

10. (+3) :RUS Russia (ROC) 392 pts

Biggest Gainers:

1. :TKM Turkmenistan: 65th -> 35th (+30)

2. :RSA South Africa: 77th -> 51st (+26)

3. :EST Estonia: 44th -> 22th (+22)

4. :POL Poland: 76th -> 57th (+19)

5. :CUB Cuba: 67th -> 53rd (+14)

Biggest Losers:

=1. :PAK Pakistan: 62nd -> 74th

=1. :KSA Saudi Arabia: 63rd -> 75th

=1. :ETH Ethiopia: 69th -> 81st (-12)

=4. :GRE Greece: 57th -> 68th

=4. :NIG Niger: 58th -> 69th 

=4. :HAI Haiti: 71st -> 82nd (-11)

Random Trivia:

:BRA Brazil is the only "x1" team (no added points to the original tally) to

not reach the top 10. 

Full Standings here: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NiyTqxwllnpaL3jr_ziLk4UTxz6QuVU6sQNjZ8FVRUU/edit?usp=sharing

Day 4 Report coming at around midnight my time once again and I'll see you there later :D

Day 4 Report

Welcome to the 3rd iteration of the daily 2020 Olympics League day reports. Yesterday, like every previous competition day, has been really eventful and close in terms of both the day and the total standings. Speaking of the latter, GB currently holds the league lead with a solid 580 pts, with USA having the most pre-multiplier points with 549. 65 teams got atleast a point today, the most of any day so far and Japan took over the lead in the medal tally with the current runners-up of the league the runners-up of the medal tally so far (USA). Alright, let's cut to the chase and start with...

The Fight for the Top

Yesterday, like Monday, the competition started with a triathlon event, this time - the women's, which again was the event to break the day standings as the Bermudian of Flora Duffy won her country's first ever Olympic gold and, simultaneously, the early day standings lead, which they lost after the swimming competitions were over. Then Australia became the leader and lost it to GB and USA after a couple of other events were over, until a shocking podium-sweep by Switzerland in Mountain Bike Cycling Women's Cross-Country Race (what a mouthful) which let them be fired up to 1st place of the day standings and they held it for the rest of the day.

The Great 8

In this segment I talk about today's performance of the top 8 in the total standings and sometimes give my opinions about them. That's it.

8th: Switzerland

Switzerland before yesterday was a middle-of-the-pack team, scrapping out a couple of points every day with the decent sized multiplier sparing the "neutral country" from the bottom. Until yesterday hit and chaos insued. Switzerland earned a 6th place in triathlon in the morning, which helped in tandem with the already mentioned podium clean sweep in Cycling MTB to launch them to the Top 8 and with the "big boys" and to keep up with them the Swiss will need to deliver good after good results or 1 massive one, like the one we saw yesterday.

7th: Japan

The hosts had another very good day and continue to climb up the total standings as the teams with bigger multipliers can't compete with the sheer amount of points earned by teams that have no multipliers or ones that only get double their original points tally as the final one and Japan is no exception. With 2 golds in Judo and Softball, a silver and 2 bronzes throughout Day 4 and decent performances beyond the podium, Japan has comfortably placed itself into the Top 100 and isn't leaving it soon, atleast it seems like it. 

6th: South Korea

Pretty impressively, it seems like South Korea proved that they don't need Archery to be competitive in this league, as they earned more points than in Day 3 and almost 2 too, as they swept the usual "gold and bronze" combo for a 2 silver in Fencing and Taekwondo and bronze one plus a slight amount of random points, as usual, help them stay competitive up in the top.

5th: China

China dropped 2 positions in Day 4 due to them only getting double-digit points and their rivals getting triple-digit (post-multipliers) point tallies. With only 3 golds to their name in the medal race and a bigger relyment on random points from random events isn't something that will help you win the league, for sure. Unless you are a team with gets added multipliers, which China isn't. Hopefully Day 5 goes a little better while staying as good for your competitors so we can see more great competition at the top.

4th: Australia

The Land Down Under is a very consistent team when it comes to day point tallies and that helped them reach this spot. This time they didn't rely on Swimming to spare them a measly 400% of their points, as they've started to do better in other sports, as seen from 2 bronzes in Surfing and Canoeing Slalom each. Those, the gold from Swimming and an array of random points give Aussies the hope for a league victory thanks to multipliers.

3rd: Italy

The Italians are as consistent as the guys and gals below them, but the consistently earned points didn't help them out, as they definitely needed more. Because of that, they fell 2 positions and are currently 3rd. With only a silver and 2 bronzes, plus lots of points from random points, even with a x2 multiplier, is not enough to win, as you need more big performances, instead of lots of smaller ones.

2nd: USA

The United States has been very good, with no surprise, especially today, when they scored a whopping 214 points in a day without multipliers, which is a goal only 20 teams achieved through the entire Olympic Games with multipliers, which is insane. 2 golds, 5 silvers, 4 bronzes and a plethora of points from random events is a method of earning points which weirdly works only for USA, as they are definitely contenders for the league champion title.

1st: Great Britain

The British are doing very well in this League as they are earning points tallies equal or way better than the teams that don't have any multipliers tacked onto their tallies, but GB gets every point they earn doubled which made it a cheat code for them to unlock the Lead the League mode. With a gold from Tom Dean in 200m Freestyle, 2 silvers and 3 bronzes plus a plethora of random event points, the "Bri'ish" earned 109 points pre- and 218 points post-multipliers and a strong 580 total points tally, still only 31 points ahead of USA and 188 points behind 10th place, Russia (ROC), which shows that every team has to be as good as they can, because one OK Day can make you drop positions in an instant, so the fight for the champion title is definitely not over and hopefully it isn't until the very end of league competition.

Misc. Stuff

So this is a shorter section of the Report where I will report on, like the title says, miscellaneous stuff behind the league. First of all, my schedule is roughly gonna be this:

Staying up until around 3:30, then I will go for a short nap and wake up at 8:30 and do some personal IRL things, probably will return at around 11 AM and I will at that point stay up until late at night.

Also, would you be interested in partaking in some polls to decide the very near future of this league? Let me know on this thread. Also, of course, leave some critizisms and recommendations here too, as they will help me to improve with the posting.

Random trivia moment!

I came up with these reports to not have lazy post to bump up this thread so it could get more attention as I only update the standings via the post by just editing it. I think I am taking this idea slightly too far, maybe it will be shorter to make, but for now, it's filled with, imo, too much of content which I hope you enjoyed reading and are following this league pretty closely. Again, sorry for the messy writing, I can sometimes barely keep my eyes open, because I am pretty tired. Thanks for your attention, now good night!

Day 5 Standings

Good night, guys! Sorry for not doing live live updates since I was away for the entire day, only being able to see Rowing finals as I went to sleep at around 3-4 AM and also was able to update the standings with Rowing results. But whatever, time for the thing hopefully at least one person was waiting for.

Final Day 5 Standings (Top 10 only):

1. :NED Netherlands 151 × 3 = 453 :yikes:

2. :AUS Australia 150 × 3 = 450

3. :HUN Hungary 57 × 4 = 228

4. :GER Germany 113 × 2 = 226

5. :GBR GB 100 × 2 = 200

6. :USA USA 156 × 1 = 156

7. :NZL New Zealand 38 × 4 = 152

8. :ITA Italy 75 × 2 = 150

=9. :CHN China 145 × 1 = 145

=9. :SLO Slovenia 29 × 5 = 145

1. (+3) :AUS Australia 960 pts

2. (+11) :NED Netherlands 783 pts

3. (-2) :GBR GB 780 pts

4. (-2) :USA USA 705 pts

5. (-2) :ITA Italy 664 pts

6. (-1) :CHN China 591 pts

7. (+4) :HUN Hungary 580 pts

8. (-) :SUI Switzerland 528 pts

9. (-2) :JPN Japan 527 pts

10. (-4) :KOR South Korea 504 pts

Biggest Gainers:

1. :POL Poland: 57th -> 32nd (+25)

2. :IRL Ireland: 85th -> 62nd (+23)

3. :NZL New Zealand: 43rd -> 22nd (+21)

4. :LTU Lithuania: 84th -> 66th (+18) :d

5. :ROU Romania: 39th -> 23rd (+16)

Biggest Losers:

=1. :TKM Turkmenistan: 35th -> 46th

=1. :ISR Israel: 38th -> 49th (-11)

3. :KAZ Kazakhstan: 34th -> 44th (-10)

=4. 10 NOCs (-7)

Newcomers (1st appearance in standings updates since Day 1):

:FIJ  Fiji (=38th)

:LAT Latvia (=38th)

:ALB Albania (68th)

:MDA Moldova (89th)

Random Trivia!

:NED Netherlands post-multipliers scored less points in Day 5 than only 14 countries in their entire league campaigns.

Full Standings are always here: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NiyTqxwllnpaL3jr_ziLk4UTxz6QuVU6sQNjZ8FVRUU/edit?usp=sharing

Also, the Day 5 and Day 6 Reports will be combined, simular to the Day 3 + 4 Report. And I won't share my schedule as I don't really have one. I am pretty sleepy, so good night the 7 people that will see this!

Day 6 Standings (with actually live updates!)

Welcome to the 6th competition day standings post! I will try to update it minutes after one discipline's event of the day is over, but I will definitely will fail to update it here, but maybe not in the full standings. Keep an eye out for them. Now, standings.

Final Day 5 Standings (Top 10):

1. :AUS Australia 96 × 3 = 288

2. :CZE Czech Republic 52 × 4 = 208

3. :USA USA 158 × 1 = 158

=4. :ITA Italy 75 × 2 = 150

=4. :FRA France 75 × 2 = 150

6. :SVK Slovakia 25 × 5 = 125

=7. :NED Netherlands 38 × 3 = 114

=7. :GER Germany 57 × 2 = 114

=9. :CHN China 106 × 1 = 106

=9. :RUS Russia (ROC) 106 × 1 = 106

1. (-) :AUS Australia 1248 pts

2. (-) :NED Netherlands 897 pts

3. (-) :GBR GB 874 pts

4. (-) :USA USA 863 pts

5. (-) :ITA Italy 814 pts

6. (-) :CHN China 697 pts

7. (-) :HUN Hungary 624 pts

8. (+1) :JPN Japan 622 pts

9. (+5) :FRA France 608 pts

10. (+1) :RUS Russia (ROC) 594 pts

Biggest Gainers:

1. :SVK Slovakia: 71st -> 38th (+33)

2. :IRL Ireland: 62nd -> 37th (+25)

3. :CZE Czech Republic: 35th -> 17th (+18)

4. :FIN Finland: 69th -> 56th (+13)

5. :CRO Croatia: 27th -> 19th (+8)

Biggest Losers:

This section got a little boring with the biggest fall being, yet again, only a single digit one and the stories behind the falls are nowhere near as interesting as the rise ones in the section of the standings post above, so I will skip it for today and maybe for the rest of the Olympics.

Newcomers:

:SMR San Marino (65th)

:SGP Singapore (73rd)

:URU Uruguay (84th)

Full Standings are always here (somehow forgot linking this): docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NiyTqxwllnpaL3jr_ziLk4UTxz6QuVU6sQNjZ8FVRUU/edit?usp=sharing

See you in the Day 5 + 6 Report post, which will feature a spin on one of the sections of it. Stay tuned for it.

Day 5 + 6 Report

Welcome to another two combined day report of the 2021 Olympic Games League, this time it's Days 5 and 6. Both days had a steady decline of the amount of teams earning at least a point per day, with a record-tying low 43 in Day 6, anx out-of-nowhere rise to the control of the league (so far) in Australia and par for the course ups and downs, surprise results and close competition up top, in the middle and at the very bottom. Intro over, time for the report which I will start with, as always,...

The Fight for the Top (Day 6 only)

The competition started with Rowing Finals A and B, during which Ireland won it's first gold medal in this year's Olympics in the Lightweight Men's Double Sculls discipline and took the early Day lead. Then swimming gave the eternal July 29th's standings lead recipient in Australia, as Aussies scored 60 points and 180 post-multipliers in Swimming alone and the gold in Canoeing Slalom plus some stray points in other sports helped the country take the easy Day victory. There also wasn't a challenge for 2nd, as Czech Republic, after getting a 1-2 in Men's Trap (Shooting), shot up to the place and never dropped it since.

The Great 8 (Day 5 + 6)

The Great 8 is where I talk about the top 8 in the total blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Also this section may be either replaced or joined by the Good 8 or the Good 4 (talk about the Top 8/4 in the Day's standings).

8th: Japan

Japan from Day 2 onwards has been very consistent with their daily points tallies, but yesterday that consistency was slightly botched. 2 Judo golds and a bronze in Table Tennis plus a random plethora of points in various events wasn't enough for the hosts to keep up their triple-digit point per day streak, losing out from it by a measly 5 points. An OK day for them and Day 7 doesn't seem it will go much better, unless I'm just speaking stupid s*it and the results of the Japanese will explode enough to destroy the Olympic Stadium. (sorry the 5 people reading this for forgetting to write anything in this section about Day 5)

7th: Hungary

Hungary's results have been like a rollercoaster - full of ups and downs, and this 2 day timespan has been a frightening rise with 57 points and a whopping 228 after multipliers leading into an equally frightening (if a Hungarian or a fan of the Hungarian team) fall with a measly 11 and 44 post-multipliers. 3 sports gave Hungary points in Day 5, in all it scored atleast a medal each, while only 2 sports gave Hungary precious points, in both of which Hungary was pretty short of medals. Currently they are limping on in the Great 8, may lose it today, we don't really know. A great Day 5 lead into a mediocre Day 6

6th: China

China has been doing very well the first 4 days and Day 5 and, to lesser extend, Day 6, were definitely no exception. Day 5 had way more variety in events China earned points, with 6 sports being in which  they earned points, and all point tallies in each sport were double-digit, where as in Day 6 China only earned points in 3 sports that day, but in 2 of 3 of them they did very well. In Swimming, China's women freestyle relay team scored a 4×200m WR and in Table Tennis, China secured a 1-2 finish, which we will see 2 more of in Badminton and in Table Tennis again, so China's league campaign is very much OK too, with some great Day 7 results awaiting in the horizon.

I will complete the report when I will start working on the Day 7 Report, so stay tuned for the completion of this post later today.