website statistics

Covid Cases at the Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

:CZE nightmare regarding covid. After unnamed team member and beach volleyball player Ondřej Perušič, today tested positive the coach of the female beach volleyball pair and husband of Markéta Nausch Sluková - Simon Nausch. Third case in Czech team. What is the most disturbing is the fact that it seems that all three cases are not related at all....

I just read that one Iranian tested positive for COVID in Tokyo

that was the headline which was a bit scary but fortunately it was just a TV guy, and organizers put the entire Iran TV personals on quarantine. I have absolutely no problem with that. these guys suck after all, just release the wrestling commentator. Japan can keep the rest forever. :d

60/70% of our athletes landed in Japan and no problem so far.

44 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

:CZE nightmare regarding covid. After unnamed team member and beach volleyball player Ondřej Perušič, today tested positive the coach of the female beach volleyball pair and husband of Markéta Nausch Sluková - Simon Nausch. Third case in Czech team. What is the most disturbing is the fact that it seems that all three cases are not related at all....

How can they not be related when they all linked to Beach volleyball? 

11 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

How can they not be related when they all linked to Beach volleyball? 

Because both teams - Perušič/Schweiner a Nausch/Hermannová have completely different program and travel to different tournaments. They don't meet often. If they trained together and everything, I would accept that .... But they don't train or compete together much. 

3 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

Because both teams - Perušič/Schweiner a Nausch/Hermannová have completely different program and travel to different tournaments. They don't meet often. If they trained together and everything, I would accept that .... But they don't train or compete together much. 

Did they not fly in together - I believe a charted plane from Prague was used rather than a commercial flight. 

14 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

Did they not fly in together - I believe a charted plane from Prague was used rather than a commercial flight. 

10 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

Well, that would be the only possibility..... Let me check ....

Confirmed. They flew together and also with table tennis players, our only archer, cyclists and gymnasts :wall:

1 hour ago, tirtha22 said:

This should keep @Orangehair43 interested

:NED skateboarder Candy Jacobs tests positive inside the village. Please please please don't become a snowball effect inside the Dutch team!

Apparently there has been 79 total cases in the village so far. 8 of those are new cases from today's tests. Not sure what to think of that.