website statistics

Covid Cases at the Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

1 hour ago, Orangehair43 said:

Over a week in and fingers crossed but there has been no major outbreaks in the village or outbreaks linked to competition. Let’s hope this continues. 

Seems like all the safety protocols are doing what they're supposed to.  I know COVID cases are surging in Japan, so it's tough to tell if they are missing out on resources that are otherwise being used on the Olympics, but yea, keep holding your breath for another week

On 28/07/2021 at 15:46, Makedonas said:

I posted in the artistic swimming topic, but Evangelia Platanioti from Greece tested positive and Greece withdrew from the duet because of her positive covid test. Greece will still compete in the team event though, using the alternate athlete.

Now she joined the rest of the team in Tokyo after two negative tests

I'm positively surprised how quiet this thread got after a pretty worrying start :) 

Sad for the two mentioned above though :( 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 02/08/2021 at 01:45, Makedonas said:

Now she joined the rest of the team in Tokyo after two negative tests

Never mind, everyone is now withdrawn from both the duet and team events after multiple Greek artistic swimmers tested positive despite no symptoms. I guess it was the wrong decision to bring Platanioti to Tokyo even after her two negative tests.

So sad for our girls. They only qualified because of Japan getting the host spot. I don't think we will ever get another chance :cry: