website statistics

Covid Cases at the Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

13 minutes ago, LuizGuilherme said:

Russian swimmer Ilya Borodin  is out of the Olympics due to a positive test

That's awful, he had a good chance for the medal after the ECh gold. This is getting worse and worse...

1 minute ago, Vektor said:

That's awful, he had a good chance for the medal after the ECh gold. This is getting worse and worse...

Agreed, very decent chances to grab a first career medal, especially in 400 IM. Well, just for today, we 2 have at least 2 serious medal contestants out of the Olympics due to Covid - Borodin and skeet shooter Amber Hill. 

I am really praying for this shit to stop!

39 minutes ago, mpjmcevoy said:

Really sad, and a relatively unheralded, but super strong medal/gold chance, so it stings, but definitely a situation you might say, look, Paris is only three years away, it's not the same wait as usual. Double pity the Commonwealth Shooting and Archery championship had to be cancelled too

She seems to have been around forever but she's still only 23 so at least potentially there may be more chances ahead of her.

42 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Not sure where he is at the moment - I would have thought he be in the village by now but it’s not been confirmed. Or how long they had been in Japan.

3 hours ago, Orangehair43 said:

Sad news. Through she was quite late to be going to Japan with the Skeet being on Monday. Suprised they was no pre camp for Shooters - plenty of athletes not competing till later are already in Japan if not yet in the village. 

With how high the cases are in the UK they will be quite a few more from the UK testing positive either before departure or shortly after arrival in Japan I sadly suspect. 

She was tested several times and all were positive so no false test issues. 

The GB shooters have been in Tokyo since last Monday but I was surprised not to see Amber in the image they tweeted from the airport. Now we know why she wasn't there.

Just now, Nickyc707 said:

The GB shooters have been in Tokyo since last Monday but I was surprised not to see Amber in the image they tweeted from the airport. Now we know why she wasn't there.

She was obviously waiting to rule out if she was a victim of a false positive.