website statistics

Covid Cases at the Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

Almost the whole Refugee Olympic team is in quarantine after one of the team staff member has a positive test. The whole team except 3 athletes who were not with the team? will have to stay isolated in their qatar training camp, it is unknown when they will be able to enter Japan. The other 3 are already flying to Tokyo.

32 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Almost the whole Refugee Olympic team is in quarantine after one of the team staff member has a positive test. The whole team except 3 athletes who were not with the team? will have to stay isolated in their qatar training camp, it is unknown when they will be able to enter Japan. The other 3 are already flying to Tokyo.

I imagine that if it was a regular Olympic team this would be a big controversy. One positive case among the staff of a more important team, like the US gymnastic team for example, and the entire Olympic competition can turn into a farce. 

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

I do not know if the two from Israel are vaccinated but I do know that they could got vaccinated so maybe they are vaccinated and thus making 2 out of the 3 capable of going now 

This Friday might be one of the most important days for :HUN because many of our athletes, including our 3 teams, will travel to Tokyo on that day, and apparently the flight is one of the most crucial points of this Games... if someone coughs on that flight, we are fucked.