website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Ceremonies

2 hours ago, Pablita said:

The pictograms segment was the best part of the ceremony.

Unfortunately I haven't found online yet the video of this part!

Very disappointed by Italy's outfit: really ugly. I still can't believe they are Armani.

Found a two-part on twitter. I'm sure the whole segment will resurface on YT sooner or later :p

7 hours ago, Griff88 said:

One thing for sure after this ceremony is that I changed my profile picture to respect the saviour of the opening ceremony :p 

Interesting that you of all people did that, considering it's the badminton one where he messed up :d 

But yeah, that thing was cool!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Interesting that you of all people did that, considering it's the badminton one where he messed up :d 

But yeah, that thing was cool!

Well yeah badminton messed up but no problem :p 

I don’t know how famous the show outside Asia, but “Masquerade” or Kasou Taisou is basically my childhood. Even my brother and sister who was uninterested with the whole ceremony stopped to watch that section.

He’s present at the presscon, probably clarified about the badminton mistake :lol:

E6_b_vzVUAI6bA9.jpg

4 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

Well yeah badminton messed up but no problem :p 

I don’t know how famous the show outside Asia, but “Masquerade” or Kasou Taisou is basically my childhood. Even my brother and sister who was uninterested with the whole ceremony stopped to watch that section.

He’s present at the presscon, probably clarified about the badminton mistake :lol:

E6_b_vzVUAI6bA9.jpg

Oh it was actually based on a famous TV show? :yikes: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

This is funny.

South Korean TV network MBC’s coverage of the Tokyo Olympics opening ceremony on Friday went awry when it used what it has now admitted were “inappropriate” photos and captions to refer to countries competing in the games.

The broadcaster drew the most ire on Twitter after it showed a photograph of Chernobyl — the site of the 1986 nuclear power plant disaster ― as Ukraine’s athletes entered the National Stadium, reported Agence France-Presse.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/tv-station-inappropriate-tokyo-olympics-ceremony-captions_n_60fbe7dce4b0d017f834cfff

• 2 weeks later...