website statistics

Athletics EAA Under 23 European Championships 2021

Totallympics

Just now, Makedonas said:

Sorry, I'm not quite sure what you're referring to.

I did not watch any live stream if something happened, I missed it. I only saw the results.

Ah, he was carrying a Greek Flag with an image of St George painted in the style of an icon.

2 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Ah, he was carrying a Greek Flag with an image of St George painted in the style of an icon.

That's interesting. I wonder why. I think people should only use national flags at events like these.

I noticed that our female triple jumper who won silver did not have any flag, and posed for photos with the Turkish and Latvian girls who had their flags. A bit strange. Are the national athletics federations the ones who provide the flags? Surely they knew we'd win some medals as we always do...

Just looked at tomorrows start lists and noticed our two decathletes are both named Sven and have the same 100m PB. They're in the same heat tomorrow.

Also our first medal chances coming up tonight in womens Discus and 10.000m. About time, can't let Greece get to far ahead:p

1 hour ago, Jinzha said:

Also our first medal chances coming up tonight in womens Discus and 10.000m. About time, can't let Greece get to far ahead:p

There we go! Gold for Van Klinken (discus throw) and Lau (10.000m)!:thumbup:

Filtisakou DNF :cry:

She was in a medal position for most of the race. I hope she'll be okay for Tokyo.

Fiaska 7th. Good result for her I guess. She'll have another chance at this category in 2023, so hopefully she can win a medal then.

56 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

Filtisakou DNF :cry:

She was in a medal position for most of the race. I hope she'll be okay for Tokyo.

Fiaska 7th. Good result for her I guess. She'll have another chance at this category in 2023, so hopefully she can win a medal then.

Suffered from dehydration and was taken to hospital according to this. Hope she takes as much time as she needs to recover.

Ταλίν 2021 (Κ23): Κατέρρευσε από αφυδάτωση η Φιλτισάκου, ενώ ήταν αγκαλιά με το μετάλλιο - SPORTSFEED

13 minutes ago, maestro said:

Suffered from dehydration and was taken to hospital according to this. Hope she takes as much time as she needs to recover.

Ταλίν 2021 (Κ23): Κατέρρευσε από αφυδάτωση η Φιλτισάκου, ενώ ήταν αγκαλιά με το μετάλλιο - SPORTSFEED

Sad, but thankfully it seems that she will be alright.