website statistics

How many medals do you expect from your Nation at the 2020 Olympics? (Final Version)

49 minutes ago, dcmdtruefan said:

Is Sports Illustrated making predictions this year? I can't seem to find them. 

I remember in 2012 that had Ioannis Arzoumanidis winning a medal for Greece (wrestling) meanwhile he didn't even qualify :lol:

The best was at the 2014 FIFA World Cup, ESPN said that Avraam Papadopoulos was one of Greece's "key players" meanwhile he was never one of our key players in his career, and he wasn't even called up for the 2014 World Cup :lol:

I think some of these sites just write whatever they want and hope that no one will check

Overall, very conservative predictions in gymnastics. When they tried to be bold, they completely missed the mark, such as a medal for Malone on the horizontal bar (not gonna happen) and a silver medal for Dauser on the parallel bars (very unlikely). I also don't believe Tommasone will win a medal and I would never predict anything for Hashimoto, but at least he's capable of getting a medal if he hits. Steingruber is the safest prediction for the bronze medal on vault, but if my predictions are right, this will not happen.

11 hours ago, Jinzha said:

I just realised they didn't include any field hockey medals for :NED. Who else did they gave the field hockey medals to you may ask? Well they didn't even include the sport!

They've also excluded all three badminton doubles events.