website statistics

How many medals do you expect from your Nation at the 2020 Olympics? (Final Version)

At least 41 medals isn't as much as Gracenote gave :NED. But there's still some really questionable ones like Sifan Hassan in all three middle/long distances and Maya Kingma winning the triathlon! Did the Brittish girls not compete in this year's world cups or something? I'm pretty sure a podium without Great Brittain is not going to happen in women's triathlon.

I guess we were just too good in 2019-2021 competitions for these data driven predictions!

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

The most reliable press agency of the world the american AP presented the medal predictions for the Olympics

They predicted 4 medals to Slovakia, all in canoe sports, 3 in Canoe Slalom and 1 in Canoe Sprint

however...

it has a small...

problem...

actually 2 of them are from :SLO athletes:roflmao:

Peter Kauzer and Eva Tercelj

obrázok.png

https://apnews.com/article/sports-2020-tokyo-olympics-africa-canada-middle-east-b95fdb2d762d7fbcf16e6555effc47be

They predicted bronze in BMX freestyle for :CRO Marin Rantes… who didn’t qualify.

9 minutes ago, dcro said:

Just proves my case on the ridiculousness of the qualification system... :whistle:

Cycling def has one of the worst qualification system of any sports. Unfortunately weightlifting, boxing and 3x3 stole their crown for the worst qualification system this year.

their wrestling picks are kind of funny in some weights, even a kid with computer can find out who is the best male wrestler in the world at the moment, (Abdulrashid Sadulaev, 97kg freestyle) yet they predicted him to lose to "Captain America" (Kyle Snyder) in the final. :d

at least Captain America beating the Russian tank, sounds good for the next Marvel movie. but in reality the Russian tank will eat the Cap alive.