website statistics

European Games 2019

uk12points

3 hours ago, dcro said:

Meanwhile, some Swiss nobody utterly destroyed everyone in women's time trial. What the hell? :yikes:

Marlen Reusser raced (and won) her first UCI-classified event in 2017 according to PCS - the Swiss ITT champs.

She joined the UCI's WCC team this year and claimed her first international victory in the Ljubljana-Domžale-Ljubljana TT a few weeks ago.

She was 29th in the 2017 WCh ITT, 17th in 2018 and might sneak into the top 10 this year (which few others on that startlist have achieved or are capable of).

Edited by Edvid
First link changed

3 hours ago, wumo26 said:

Either/both :LUX or/and :MON will win their first medal at European Games. 

https://minsk2019.by/en/tsrd/TTE/results/brackets?gender=W&event=SINGLES-----------&stage=QFNL----

Good for them that :CHN have so many table tennis players that they can export them. :p

Well the :LUX is been awesome. I’ve caught two of her games, and she is playing phenomenal right now.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

57 minutes ago, dcro said:

Surely you know what Paternoster means? :p

Elevator ? :p

I know, I know...I thougth you was pointing she did something a la Otčenáš like leading the race and then missing last 5 targets (or something like going the wrong way in the last km in her case in cycling :p)

we must be cursed or I really don´t know what´s going on with team Slovakia...This is clearly by far our worst multisport event in history, even wose than London 2012...Incredible, how our athletes fails in every single event here...

the meaning of collective failure has taken on a absolutely whole new dimension thanks our delegation in Minsk...

great final in the Mixed Team event in Judo...Portugal was leading 3-0 and then lost to the tie-breaking match 4-3...

I'm notoriously against those kind of events, but I must admit that today's competition was really entertaining and we also saw a few very, very exciting bouts...

p.s. @hckosice hey, pal! we have a Slovakian win in Boxing (men's -81kg)...Matus Strnisko just destroyed his Swiss opponent and now he's one step away from a medal...:yikes:

unfortunately, now he has to face an Italian (very experienced) guy...so, I just can't let you enjoy that medal...you should have chosen another weight class...:p:rofl::facepalm:

Edited by phelps