website statistics

European Games 2019

uk12points

Just now, heywoodu said:

There are countries where the European Games are expected to be on the first page of any newspaper?

Well, Henrikas Žustauskas that won the gold in canoe 200m. sprint is still getting credited as the European Games champion in every article even when he's being beaten by a two years younger athlete and not qualifying to the European/World championships anymore.

Of course, some may argue that Olympic changes and the removal of the 200m. may have impacted his results as he now had to make the switch to 1000m.

This mess, I forgot it existed ... I'm only interested because of Olympic standards. And drama/lulzes.

7 часов назад, heywoodu сказал:

There are countries where the European Games are expected to be on the first page of any newspaper?

Definitely not here. Sport isn't the 1st page material here for obvious reasons ... unless it's football, boxing, tennis or fencing.

3 minutes ago, Xander said:

This mess, I forgot it existed ... I'm only interested because of Olympic standards. And drama/lulzes.

Definitely not here. Sport isn't the 1st page material here for obvious reasons ... unless it's football, boxing, tennis or fencing.

I keep finding that so interesting. I mean...fencing on the front page of a newspaper...what?! :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Well, here could be one of the few places, where these Games are considered a big thing. :d 2015 was treated like an important event by the media, you know the European Olympics, many sports, many nations, in one place, events after events, with medals, that we can and had won (unlike the actual Olympics :d). Even today i saw somewhere a somewhat countdown article "One year till the second European Games" :p

1 minute ago, Federer91 said:

Well, here could be one of the few places, where these Games are considered a big thing. :d 2015 was treated like an important event by the media, you know the European Olympics, many sports, many nations, in one place, events after events, with medals, that we can and had won (unlike the actual Olympics :d). Even today i saw somewhere a somewhat countdown article "One year till the second European Games" :p

Interesting, here there's not even anything (no news, no page, nothing) about it on the NOC's website :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 часа назад, heywoodu сказал:

I keep finding that so interesting. I mean...fencing on the front page of a newspaper...what?! :d 

Yep. Olha Kharlan is one of our sport icons. From men's magazine to the most popular political site with 500 000 visitors per day. +  She's got into 30 most successful Ukrainians under 30 Forbes list (with other young legends Usik & Lomachenko).

Edited by Xander

wonderful stadium...

now in Minsk they have one of the most beautiful indoor arena and one of the most beautiful athletics/football stadium in Europe...

they can have a lot of troubles, but for what concerns sports infrastructures they're million years ahead of Italy...:facepalm: