• Brian Irr
    • Daniyar Yuldashev
    • Jonathan Horne
    • Sajjad Ganjzadeh
    • Ivan Kvesić
    • Uğur Aktaş
    • Ryutaro Araga

Side Poll 

1.Who is your best hope ( gold / podium / top 16) in boxing and karate? 

2.Who will win the medals in men's Kata? 

3.What changes in rules would you want to see in Karate? (ex: No Draw system, 2 rounds of 2 mins instead of 1 round of 3) 

1 minute ago, thepharoah said:

Me too, especially WKF is known best for distributing medals universally 

Yeah and he looked unstoppable as if he didn't belong to the qualifiers. But I also believe Karate is the best bet for medals for Egypt right? Except for Mehelba brothers in shooting and some wrestlers. Can you throw some light on your team. I am  curious to know about Egypt squad for Tokyo 

15 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Yeah and he looked unstoppable as if he didn't belong to the qualifiers. But I also believe Karate is the best bet for medals for Egypt right? Except for Mehelba brothers in shooting and some wrestlers. Can you throw some light on your team. I am  curious to know about Egypt squad for Tokyo 

Yes Karate is our best shot for medals Giana Farouk and Ferial Ashraf are the best shots for me besides Ali El Sawy, Azmy Mhelba in men's skeet, I don't really trust his brother Abdelaziz in men's trap, Mohamed Ibrahim in Wrestling men's -67 kg, Seif Eissa in men's -80 kg in taekwondo and MP duo Ahmed El gendy and Ahmed Hamed pls some outsiders in fencing, maybe Showjumping which could be a real surprise, Hedaya Mala in women's taekwondo -67 kg 

Canada only has one chance in Karate, Gaysinsky in +84, afaik, he has beaten everyone in this cycle once except Gogita of :GEO, so he might have a very outside chance of winning a medal. 

In boxing there is 0 chance imo to win a medal. I predict all of them will win at most 1 match each.

-67kg: :FRA :KAZ :TUR :JPN

-75kg: :ITA :AZE :UKR :KAZ

+75kg: :IRI :GER :JPN :GEO

side polls...

1) in Karate we look for at least 1 gold medal (Luigi Busà, men's -75kg) and 3 medals overall, if not 4 (Viviana Bottaro, women's Kata, Silvia Semeraro, women's +61kg and maybe even Angelo Crescenzo, men's -67kg)...

in Boxing, Irma Testa (women's -57kg) surely goes for a medal (to me, she should win gold, but we all know that in Boxing it's not a question of what happens on the ring), Angela Carini (women's -69kg) might also win a medal if she gets a very favourable draw (there are at least 2/3 girls definitely better than her)...

2) :JPN :ESP :VEN :USA

3) no changes on the rules, just get rid of Kata as an Olympic event (replaced by the missing Kumite weight classes) and of course increase the number of athletes per weight class...you can't have only 10 participants at the Olympic tournament when you normally have more than 100 at the world champs...

organizational improvement (better scheduling and above all, better picture quality in the streaming coverage) in the regular tournaments would be also appreciated...

1) All 3 Ukrainian karateka can win a medal. Terliuga and Horuna our best hopes , but Seryogina is Silver Medalist of European Championship and I think she also our medal contender

2) In boxing Ukraine have Oleksandr Khyzhniak , who win the European Qualification Tournament