website statistics

Poll 78/100 | Do you think that sports with governance issues should be removed from the Olympic Programme?

Poll 78/100  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think sports with governance issues should be removed from the Olympic Programme ?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure

if this means corruption, covering doping scandals and money stealing...well, there's no need to answer to that...obviously they have to be thrown out (and for a very long period, until at least every single person involved in the previous crimes is still trolling around the sport in any role in any Country, even if only at local level)...

if this means "only" some kind of internal fights for the leading positions, they should be fixed, maybe even some kind of punishment might be given, but I don't think a full ban from the Games would be required (unless things get worse and worse after the first warning)...

so, I just picked the 3rd option (I don't know) because of this dilemma...

Yes yes yes yes yes!

Ultimatum to IWF and throw them out from 2024 even if they refuse to reform.

Will be interested to see what happens now with AIBA.
They promise to clean up themselves, I dont know how credible is that.

At least their new Hungarian sec-gen is a popular (here in this country) former boxer [Kovacs “Koko” Istvan] unlike Ajan, Gyarfas, and similar shady personalities which this country “gave” to the world of international sport governance.

6 hours ago, phelps said:

if this means corruption, covering doping scandals and money stealing...well, there's no need to answer to that...obviously they have to be thrown out (and for a very long period, until at least every single person involved in the previous crimes is still trolling around the sport in any role in any Country, even if only at local level)...

if this means "only" some kind of internal fights for the leading positions, they should be fixed, maybe even some kind of punishment might be given, but I don't think a full ban from the Games would be required (unless things get worse and worse after the first warning)...

so, I just picked the 3rd option (I don't know) because of this dilemma...

Pretty good answer. A sport like Weightlifting, where EWF and IWF are almost broken beyond repair, the kindest thing might be to kick the port out and try and rebuild from the ground up, abandoning IWF and seeking recognition for a new confederation altogether. Sort of AIBA on steroids (parden the pun)

A sport like Swimming where FINA are clearly pretty shit and pretty corrupted, but the sport itself is not hopelessly riddled shoud be punished, but not to the same extent.