website statistics

Countdown to Beijing 2022

Speed Skating 2021 - 2022 Discussion Thread

• 1 month later...

I knew that former US speed skater - Silver in the Relay at Sochi - Eddie Alvarez had quit skating to play pro baseball.  Although he has mostly been in the minor leagues, he has had a few MLB starts.  Did not realise until just this minute that he is currently playing for the USA in the Tokyo Baseball Final!  

• 1 month later...

Apparently a Chinese guy posted a 33.83 500m in Beijing (sea-level!) today (?) :lol: 

Could be Gao Tingyu, but not sure. @Vic Liu Could that be the name listed in 1st there?

Just to clarify: 33.83 would be truly insane on a non-altitude track. Shinhama's 34.07 in Heerenveen is already considered an insane outlier...

Meanwhile, the Four Continents Championships got cancelled again. It was supposed to be held in Japan lol

I think this could be the final nail in the coffin of this event which took place only once in Wisconsin of all places. :wacko:

All King Victor Emmanuel's Show Horses Can Make Really Beautiful People Fall

4 minutes ago, dcro said:

Meanwhile, the Four Continents Championships got cancelled again. It was supposed to be held in Japan lol

I think this could be the final nail in the coffin of this event which took place only once in Wisconsin of all places. :wacko:

I hope not, and just be another victim of COVID/Japanese xenophobia.

55 minutes ago, dcro said:

The whatnow? :p 

8 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Apparently a Chinese guy posted a 33.83 500m in Beijing (sea-level!) today (?) :lol: 

Could be Gao Tingyu, but not sure. @Vic Liu Could that be the name listed in 1st there?

Just to clarify: 33.83 would be truly insane on a non-altitude track. Shinhama's 34.07 in Heerenveen is already considered an insane outlier...

It's Gao Tingyu. It's held in Urumqi with round 800m-1000m altitude, still a good result though.