website statistics

Curling 2021 - 2022 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

:CAN Men's Olympic Trials :IOC

Gushue won the battle of the Brads. After a very well curled game the ninth and tenth ends were filled with errors, and Gushue was able to take advantage to win 4-3.

2006 Olympic champions Brad Gushue (skip) and Mark Nichols (third) will go to their second Olympics, sixteen years after their first. Brett Gallant (second) and Geoff Walker (lead) will both go to their first Olympics. The foursome are the defending bronze medallists at the Olympic trials (Gushue also finished third at Olympic trials as an alternate in 2013), two time Canadian champions (2017 and 2018) and one time World champions (2017).

It's currently unclear if Jeff Thomas, who was Team Gushue's alternate at trials, will be the team's alternate at the Olympics. Jeff Thomas is a long time coach for Team Gushue and isn't an elite curler anymore, though he competes in senior tournaments.

12 hours ago, NearPup said:

It's currently unclear if Jeff Thomas, who was Team Gushue's alternate at trials, will be the team's alternate at the Olympics. Jeff Thomas is a long time coach for Team Gushue and isn't an elite curler anymore, though he competes in senior tournaments.

Speaking of which, Lisa Weagle (team Jones alternate) is in this COC tweet and article announcing the Olympic team but Jeff Thomas isn’t.

https://twitter.com/teamcanada/status/1465334832184049674?s=21

8 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Speaking of which, Lisa Weagle (team Jones alternate) is in this COC tweet and article announcing the Olympic team but Jeff Thomas isn’t.

"A fifth player/alternate will be added to the men’s team at a later date"

4 minutes ago, intoronto said:

"A fifth player/alternate will be added to the men’s team at a later date"

I know there is going to be an alternate, it just looks like it likely won’t be the alternate Team Gushue had at trials (like how Team Homan used a different alternate at trials and at the Olympics)

42 minutes ago, intoronto said:

If a sex shop was going to sponsor an Olympic sport, curling makes sense.

HURRY! HURRY HARD! HAAARD!!! woah... woah...

20 minutes ago, intoronto said:

@Sindo is there not a separate thread of the OQT ?

Also :TUR beat :GBR in the women's event, what a shocking result.

Thank you for information. U only see in curling live results that matches are interrupted.

What is ice plant? Google shows me only some flower as result, but i have strong doubt that due to it there would need matches interrupted :-D

4 minutes ago, stepansevs said:

Thank you for information. U only see in curling live results that matches are interrupted.

What is ice plant? Google shows me only some flower as result, but i have strong doubt that due to it there would need matches interrupted :-D

Plant can also mean factory, so Id assume the system that makes the ice and keeps it cool.

13 minutes ago, stepansevs said:

In English we say “electricity plant, power plant, nuclear plant”. “Plant” can also just mean mechanical - as opposed to human - resources in general.