website statistics

Athletics IAAF Diamond League 2018

Totallympics

6 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

8.83m for 19 yo Echevarria, 47.41s for Samba & 47.81s for Warholm, 69.67m for Dacres & 69.59m for Gudzius, 49.84s for Naser, 12.38s for McNeal & 12.48s for Williams so far in Stockholm ...

the successor of Ivan Pedroso!!

Am 11.6.2018 um 00:07 schrieb George_D:

the successor of Ivan Pedroso!!

I don't think so, Echevarria will be remembered as one of the biggest legends of athletics once he retires, even bigger than Pedroso. I think it's only a matter of time until he will break the 9 m mark and i doubt that anyone of us will live long enough to witness another man jumping 9 m, so you guys better follow all his competitions very closely, because history is about to be rewritten. Another thing that amazes me is how many talented athletes Cuba produces in triple/long jump and boxing/wrestling, not to mention their talent production in baseball ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

5 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Another thing that amazes me is how many talented athletes Cuba produces in triple/long jump

And how many of those incredibly talented young guys eventually don't quite make it in the senior levels or sort of get stuck at a level that's just not high enough for the best of the world. I hope Echevarria will be different, much like Pichardo I like him.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

vor 21 Stunden schrieb heywoodu:

And how many of those incredibly talented young guys eventually don't quite make it in the senior levels or sort of get stuck at a level that's just not high enough for the best of the world. I hope Echevarria will be different, much like Pichardo I like him.

Not surprising considering the standard of living there, i think it's much more difficult for them to stay inury free + i don't think that the question whether you get funding is just based on your performances and potential + it's probably much more difficult to focus on sport over there and block out everything else.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Gianlu33 said:

46.98 for Samba, it's the new asian record :clap: 

He honestly looked like he was jogging, McMaster also looked good as well

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Warholm continues to improve, but this still might not be enough to win a medal in 2019 or 2020, given the recent improvements of Samba, Benjamin and McMaster, although i think it's very likely that at least one of them will get caught in the next couple of years.