website statistics

Men's Road Cycling UCI Giro d'Italia 2018

Gianlu33

Who on earth thought this was a good idea for a mass sprint stage (tomorrow)? :lol::facepalm:

Spoiler

G18_T03_Eilat_ARR_zoom.jpg

I guess someone thought it'd be fun to see a bunch fall at 60km/h because this has all potential for disaster.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Giro d'Italia Stage 3: Be'Er Sheva  Eilat

The route follows the mild undulations of the Negev desert. The roads are always wide and well paved. The route takes a long run across a rocky landscape, and becomes rougher especially when emerging from the Ramon Crater, with a categorised climb set in Faran River. The final part of the route descends slightly towards the Red Sea, and enters the city before hitting the finish line. Final kilometres: over the last 6 km, the road narrows while passing through a checkpoint. After taking in a series of roundabouts, the route eventually takes a U-turn 1.6 km before the finish, at another roundabout, leading into the final kilometre. The last bend is 350 m from the finish line (on 7.5-m wide asphalt road).

G18_T03_Eilat_alt_jpg.jpg

2 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Giro d'Italia Stage 3: Be'Er Sheva  Eilat

The route follows the mild undulations of the Negev desert. The roads are always wide and well paved. The route takes a long run across a rocky landscape, and becomes rougher especially when emerging from the Ramon Crater, with a categorised climb set in Faran River. The final part of the route descends slightly towards the Red Sea, and enters the city before hitting the finish line. Final kilometres: over the last 6 km, the road narrows while passing through a checkpoint. After taking in a series of roundabouts, the route eventually takes a U-turn 1.6 km before the finish, at another roundabout, leading into the final kilometre. The last bend is 350 m from the finish line (on 7.5-m wide asphalt road).

G18_T03_Eilat_alt_jpg.jpg

•  

After driving this route million times it's hotter then hell.   And very windy with the wind blowing desert sand all over you 

4 hours ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

After driving this route million times it's hotter then hell.   And very windy with the wind blowing desert sand all over you 

As a cyclist, this sounds like a fantastic ride. In honesty though, this was one of the stages I thought could be the most interesting to watch

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Light crosswinds expected today, nothing strong enough for some nice echelon riding :( 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Enrico Barbin, Guillaume Boivin (again) and Marco Frapporti are gone for today...I think we can tune in with 20km to go :p 

1 minute ago, Gianlu33 said:

Again a boring stage... luckly it's the last stage in Israel :p 

Yes, because a sprint stage in France, Italy or whatever is usually very interesting..... :d 

Just now, Gianlu33 said:

I expected at last to have wind in Israel... i see only sand :p 

At least I saw some buildings/cities/stuff that was already ancient in the Roman Empire time...the only thing I found interesting about these days in Israel :d