website statistics

Wrestling Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

Totallympics

21 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

According to :POL NF's website:

-74 kg :FRA DSQ, :POL Q

-125 kg :UZB and :SYR DSQ, :KOS and :IRI Q

is this final and confirmed ? or the preliminary test result ? I know it will be confirmed soon but as long as it's not confirmed Iran has to send someone to the Asian qualifiers.

but well I would prefer quota in another weight :d this one was 99% guaranteed in Asian qualifiers, I assume this is a good news for other 125kg Asian wrestlers and also huge news for Kosovo !

3 minutes ago, MHSN said:

is this final and confirmed ? or the preliminary test result ? I know it will be confirmed soon but as long as it's not confirmed Iran has to send someone to the Asian qualifiers.

but well I would prefer quota in another weight :d this one was 99% guaranteed in Asian qualifiers, I assume this is a good news for other 125kg Asian wrestlers and also huge news for Kosovo !

yes, it's also reported on UWW's official website with a full news  article...

https://unitedworldwrestling.org/article/trio-olympic-licenses-reassigned-after-anti-doping-rules-violations

On 14/02/2020 at 17:56, MHSN said:

it seems Korea, Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan refused to host the Asian qualifier ! now UWW is offering Kyrgyzstan to take it. :facepalm:

And Bishkek it is!!Chinese wrestlers to attend

https://unitedworldwrestling.org/article/bishkek-announced-new-host-2020-asian-olympic-qualifier-team-china-attend

19 minutes ago, anuj said:

Happy to see it's finally finalized. And thanks Serbia a lot. Many Chinese athletes base there for training.

According to the latest directive by the Government of Kyrgyzstan, all the sporting events in the country have been postponed citing the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID 19). 

The new dates are yet to be released but the event will take place in April (according to the Iranian Wrestling Federation). Travel restrictions are in place in multiple Asian nations to prevent the spread of the deadly coronavirus. 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

6 hours ago, nitinsanker said:

According to the latest directive by the Government of Kyrgyzstan, all the sporting events in the country have been postponed citing the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID 19). 

The new dates are yet to be released but the event will take place in April (according to the Iranian Wrestling Federation). Travel restrictions are in place in multiple Asian nations to prevent the spread of the deadly coronavirus. 

that's not true, Iranian Wrestling Federation is as puzzled as everybody else, they called Kyrgyz NF to make sure about the news, the answer was Kyrgyzstan won't host the event not in March, not in April.

nobody knows who will host the event and when. actually I can't see any country in Asia interested to host the event right now. all wrestling nations in Asia are either dealing with the virus or has strict travel ban . only Jordan was brave enough to accept to host Boxing and Taekwondo AQT but they don't want wrestling that's for sure.