Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

George_D

Karate Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

20 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Is that a sure thing ? I'm a bit lazy to check the documents. I was going to blame our federation for not sending some of our A team members to the 2018 Asian Championship (and saving them for the Asian Games) but you are telling me that wasn't a mistake, right ?

Yes, it's sure, it's written both in the ranking regulations and in the FAQs related to Tokyo 2020 on WKF site.

4 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

so which EC counts in the end, 2019 or 2020? :D

It should be 2019 because the 2020 ECh is scheduled for May 2020 - qualification period through Olympic standings ends on 6 April 2020

• Like 2

4 ore fa, MHSN ha scritto:

That's a good news for likes of Ganjzadeh, Askari, etc but also bad news for Abbasali she won the Asian Champs beating Uekusa. won't be easy for her to repeat that.

Iran is not going to send a team to China. and some other tournaments. I see Ganjzadeh wrote something about that in his instagram. no money for that :(

another question, do they count all results ? or something like Judo when they only consider 5 best results of a year

all the scores, but those listed between last Summer and April 2019 (except for the recent world champs, of course) will give only 50% of points, meanwhile those registered in the last 12 months of the OQ period (april 2019 - april 2020) will give 100% of points...

• Like 1

4 ore fa, DaniSRB ha scritto:

so which EC counts in the end, 2019 or 2020? :D

as @Dunadan wrote, it's 2019, as the 2020 edition is scheduled after the OQ period is over...

• Like 1