website statistics

Karate Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

George_D

6 minutes ago, MHSN said:

yes it seems so, in the new ranking, they show Ganjzadeh in green so obviously the final rank in the weight class has the advantage. that means Aktas and Horne also will play a big role in this battle between our guys.

it's also very important for Kvesic and Arkania, I think both of them most probably will finish 3rd in their classes, it will be up to the Iranians to decide about them :d

yeah, like in the -67kg...the battle between Crescenzo and Samdan (with Maresca knockin' at the door, just in case the Turkish guy edges out Crescenzo) is really entertaining...

today Crescenzo played his chances very well against Assadilov...I think this is the first time he wins against the Kazakh in the last 2 years...since his world gold medal for sure (I have no idea of their record back in time)...

meanwhile I didn't expect Busà to lose that way...a man with his degree of experience can't blow his chance when he's ahead with only 4 seconds left on the clock...:nopompom:

but Aghayev is still an "old fox" with many tricks in his bag...:hatoff:

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, phelps said:

new rankings are already out! :yikes:

literally only 5 minutes after the end of the Salzburg Premier League stage...

:hatoff: to WKF...

yes I wanted to write the same. just wow ! there are so many bad things about WKF but I really respect them alot only because of this ! :bowdown:

and remember this can be the final ranking. apparently there were rumors in the arena today that the next K1 event will be cancelled. but still I will calculate my ranking assuming we will have both Morocco event and the Europeans.

4 minutes ago, MHSN said:

yes I wanted to write the same. just wow ! there are so many bad things about WKF but I really respect them alot only because of this ! :bowdown:

and remember this can be the final ranking. apparently there were rumors in the arena today that the next K1 event will be cancelled. but still I will calculate my ranking assuming we will have both Morocco event and the Europeans.

I hope the Rabat stage (and the European Champs, too) won't be cancelled, even if Italy would have all the interest in frozing the situation as it is today...

it wouldn't be fair for all those athletes who are on the edge to make their dream come true and won't have any other chance in the future because of that bunch of idiots running the IOC sports commission (opting for the senseless breakdance instead of one of the most ancient, most popular and participated disciplines in the world)...

Edited by phelps

my ranking after removing 2019 European results

Men's Kata

:ESP Damian Quintero - 9247.5 Q

:TUR Ali Sofuoglu - 6202.5 Q

:VEN Antonio Diaz - 5205 Q

:ITA Mattia Busato - 4140 Q

Men's 60kg

:KAZ Darkhan Assadilov - 10387.5 Q

:ITA Angelo Crescenzo - 8100

:TUR Eray Samdan - 7342.5

Men's 67kg

:FRA Steven Dacosta - 7950 Q

:BRA Vinicius Figueira - 6832.5

:EGY Ali El-Sawy - 6472.5

Men's 75kg

:IRI Bahman Askari - 9262.5 Q

:ITA Luigi Busa - 6750 Q

:AZE Rafael Aghayev - 6255 Q

:UKR Stanislav Horuna - 5137.5

:USA Thomas Scott - 5047.5

:TUR Erman Eltemur - 3712.5

:HUN Gabor Harspataki - 3232.5

Men's 84kg

:TUR Ugur Aktas - 9382.5 Q

:IRI Zabihollah Poursheib - 9225

:CRO Ivan Kvesic - 6517.5

Men's +84kg

:IRI Sajjad Ganjzadeh - 8617.5

:GER Jonathan Horne - 7072.5

:GEO Gogita Arkania - 6630

Women's Kata

:ESP Sandra Sanchez - 11452.5 Q

:ITA Viviana Bottaro - 7275 Q

:HKG Grace Lau - 6300 Q

:USA Sakura Kokumai - 5887.5 Q

Women's 50kg

:TUR Serap Ozcelik - 10792.5 Q

:IRI Sara Bahmanyar - 5647.5

:AUT Bettina Plank - 4507.5

:GER Shara Hubrich - 4267.5

Women's 55kg

:UKR Anzhelika Terliuga - 9022.5 Q

:TPE Wen Tzu-Yun - 7080

:GER Jana Messerschmidt - 5677.5

Women's 61kg

:CHN Yin Xiaoyan - 10545 Q

:EGY Giana Lotfy - 7710 Q

:TUR Merva Coban - 6037.5

:SRB Jovana Prekovic - 5452.5

:CAN Haya Jumaa - 5137.5

:IRI Rozita Alipour - 5107.5

:FRA Leila Heurtault - 4515

:FRA Gwendoline Philippe - 4440

Women's 68kg

:AZE Irina Zaretska - 9217.5 Q

:CHN Gong Li - 6412.5

:EGY Feryal Abdelaziz - 6075

:SUI Elena Quirici - 5775

:ITA Silvia Semeraro - 5160

Women's +68kg

:IRI Hamideh Abbasali - 6997.5 Q

:KAZ Sofya Berultseva - 5467.5

:TUR Meltem Hocaoglu - 5107.5

:ITA Clio Ferracuti - 4987.5

:GRE Eleni Chatziliadou - 4905

Edited by MHSN

May I know when and where is the European Championships, that could give us a guess if it will be canceled. Gong Li won 2 stages to almost catch up with Elena Quirici. I have confidence in her but if both EC and Rabat are both canceled, all of her effort will be in vain. 

1 minute ago, Vic Liu said:

May I know when and where is the European Championships, that could give us a guess if it will be canceled. Gong Li won 2 stages to almost catch up with Elena Quirici. I have confidence in her but if both EC and Rabat are both canceled, all of her effort will be in vain. 

25-29 March in Baku, Azerbaijan

and yes I think the only way Quirici stays ahead of her in the ranking is cancelling both events, I highly doubt she can defend her points from 2019.

but in fact that's more important for our Karateka Rozita Alipour ! because even right now Gong Li is almost guaranteed the Asian quota (she is the best ranked Asian athlete) but if she qualifies directly, that quota goes to Alipour at 61kg.

of course it's not 100% guaranteed because some weird things may happen at the Last chance qualifier in Paris, they will award continental quotas after the Paris tournament.

3 minutes ago, MHSN said:

25-29 March in Baku, Azerbaijan

and yes I think the only way Quirici stays ahead of her in the ranking is cancelling both events, I highly doubt she can defend her points from 2019.

but in fact that's more important for our Karateka Rozita Alipour ! because even right now Gong Li is almost guaranteed the Asian quota (she is the best ranked Asian athlete) but if she qualifies directly, that quota goes to Alipour at 61kg.

of course it's not 100% guaranteed because some weird things may happen at the Last chance qualifier in Paris, they will award continental quotas after the Paris tournament.

I have faith in Baku, they just held trampoline tournament. Good luck to them both, haha.

1 hour ago, phelps said:

new rankings are already out! :yikes:

literally only 5 minutes after the end of the Salzburg Premier League stage...

:hatoff: to WKF...

It's a shame Karate has been removed from 2024 Olympic programme, their federation job would deserve an Olympic spot. I don't even want to think about how difficoult will be to follow Breakdancing qualification :facepalm:

4 minutes ago, Sindo said:

It's a shame Karate has been removed from 2024 Olympic programme, their federation job would deserve an Olympic spot. I don't even want to think about how difficoult will be to follow Breakdancing qualification :facepalm:

Could have been worse. Pétanque was close to being added too. Going to their website is like visiting a black hole. I’m almost positive it’s where information goes to die.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela