web
analytics
Jump to content
hckosice

Shooting Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

Recommended Posts

Quote

Mixed Team:
Mixed Team entries may come from athletes entered in Mixed Team quota places obtained at the 2018 WCH Changwon, KOR and from double starters who are also entered in individual events

So a country with one shooter per gender qualified for an event can enter the respective mixed team event.

 

On the other side max. quota per NOC is 30 and

Quote

One (1) athlete can obtain only one (1) quota place for his/her NOC, except that Mixed Team event quotas are obtained by the NOC and the athletes who are members of those teams are still eligible to obtain quota places in individual events.

So a country can qualify one mixed team + 2 men + 2 women in the same event, and use for the mixed team 2 shooters who won't participate in the individual event?

Edited by Dunadan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minuti fa, Dunadan ha scritto:

 

So a country can qualify one mixed team + 2 men + 2 women in the same event, and use for the mixed team 2 shooters who won't participate in the individual event?

 

Now that I'm reflecting on it, probably this will be true for the top 4 at 2018 WC. In this sense, the 4 mixed team quota places per event will allow two extra shooters to enter the olympics and should in this sense favor the athletes of most competitive nations, like Italy, who have to fight a thorough internal selection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AlFHg said:

 

Now that I'm reflecting on it, probably this will be true for the top 4 at 2018 WC. In this sense, the 4 mixed team quota places per event will allow two extra shooters to enter the olympics and should in this sense favor the athletes of most competitive nations, like Italy, who have to fight a thorough internal selection.

Top 2 countries (4 is the athletes quota).

 

On the other side, there might be the extreme case of a country which qualifies a mixed team but will have no shooters starting in individual events. This is not true...see next post, double starters rule would be applied.

Edited by Dunadan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I'm reading this right the mixed teams quotas will be decided during the qualification round of the World Championships. I guess that's to guarantee qualified nations (provided they achieve the MQS). Will nations which qualified 2 individuals use this to try to get a third person to compete in only the mixed event?

 

2 hours ago, Dunadan said:

On the other side, there might be the extreme case of a country which qualifies a mixed team but will have no shooters starting in individual events.

 

They would be eligible to compete in the individual event under the double starter rule since they also need to achieve the MQS to be selected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

They would be eligible to compete in the individual event under the double starter rule since they also need to achieve the MQS to be selected.

Yes, you are right.

 

5 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

If I'm reading this right the mixed teams quotas will be decided during the qualification round of the World Championships.

Where is this written?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also feel it's unfair that ISSF uses chronological priority. The 2018 American Championships happens before all of the World Cup events meaning the top nations (United States and Cuba to an extent) are competing for spots while for the other continents there will be less competition. I guess it's our fault to have the continental championship so early and having all of the quotas in the Pan American Games is unfair given our qualification system.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

Yes, you are right.

 

Where is this written?

 

In that giant chart where it shows the distribution of quotas

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hace 2 horas, JoshMartini007 said:

If I'm reading this right the mixed teams quotas will be decided during the qualification round of the World Championships. I guess that's to guarantee qualified nations (provided they achieve the MQS). Will nations which qualified 2 individuals use this to try to get a third person to compete in only the mixed event?

 

 

They would be eligible to compete in the individual event under the double starter rule since they also need to achieve the MQS to be selected.

 

The shooters that classify the mixed team in the World Championships, make sure to participate in individual also? No, no?

Edited by Fran-UDA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fran-UDA said:

 

The shooters that classify the mixed team in the World Championships, make sure to participate in individual also? No, no?

 

Not always. If a nation qualified two individuals plus the mixed team and decide to select a third athlete that athlete won't be allowed to compete in the individual event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If a country obtains quota for the mixed event at the 2018 World Championship but then do not obtain any quota for the individual test ,In the whole period of classification ¿ Will participate in the individual test the shooters to participate in the mixed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...