web
analytics
Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

 

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to:

 

  • Post replies and open new threads
  • Give reputation to other members' posts
  • Get your own private messenger
  • Manage your profile

 

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

 

Sign In | Create an Account

vinipereira

Swimming Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, AlFHg said:

From the last update, some meetings occurred, including national championships in :CRO and :CYP , youth championships in :FRAseveral minor meetings and three more important in :GER :GBR and :SRB. Some new nations were able to establish minimum A, specifically :CRO as reported @dcro, but also :SLO, :DEN and :ESP, all of them earning 1 minimum A in different events. Notably, :GBR was able to earn 3 new spots with 3 different athletes. 

 

This week, for the first time in my report, other nations established at least 1 minimum B. They are :TUR :FRA :SRB and :NED 

 

In women's events, only 50m is without any "qualified" athlete, and only 5 nations established a minimum B in this event. As regards men, instead, 5 events (100 m free, 400m free, 200 m fly and 200 & 400 medley) are without qualified athletes.

1) I think one of the Campbell sisters swam 24.41 yesterday.

2) Crazy to think that 14 year old Claire Curzan swam 24.89 yesterday and almost made the cut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

1) I think one of the Campbell sisters swam 24.41 yesterday.

2) Crazy to think that 14 year old Claire Curzan swam 24.89 yesterday and almost made the cut.

According to Fina rules is also important where you swim it. However this is just an overview as, especially for best nations, real selection will be harder and later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is also a very young French athlete that has actually achieved a B standard, but I don’t think she will be able to compete as she will be 15 next year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/03/2019 at 21:54, AlFHg said:

According to Fina rules is also important where you swim it. However this is just an overview as, especially for best nations, real selection will be harder and later

1) So the meet she competed in wasnt certified?

2) Of course i know that not everyone who makes the cut automatically qualified, but you were only taking about those who made the cut, so ... ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/03/2019 at 21:55, AlFHg said:

There is also a very young French athlete that has actually achieved a B standard, but I don’t think she will be able to compete as she will be 15 next year 

Would like to know her name and event?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

1) So the meet she competed in wasnt certified?

2) Of course i know that not everyone who makes the cut automatically qualified, but you were only taking about those who made the cut, so ... ?

FINA has published a list of meetings where it is possible to achieve A standards. I have been checking all those indicated and Campbell sisters were not taking part. Obviously it may be that I missed a meeting. As regards the young French, here it is: https://www.liveffn.com/cgi-bin/resultats.php?competition=59271&langue=fra&go=detail&action=participant&iuf=1724832

However she took part in 200 breast, not 50 free

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/03/2019 at 21:55, AlFHg said:

There is also a very young French athlete that has actually achieved a B standard, but I don’t think she will be able to compete as she will be 15 next year 

 

her name is Justine Delmas...and she was born in 2005, but I couldn't find the exact date...

 

however, she swam 2.29.73 in the 200m Breaststroke as her best performance...very, very good, but not so impressive, imho...

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, phelps said:

 

her name is Justine Delmas...and she was born in 2005, but I couldn't find the exact date...

 

however, she swam 2.29.73 in the 200m Breaststroke as her best performance...very, very good, but not so impressive, imho...

 

Its a good performance, but nothing extraordinary. That time would be tied 7th on the US all time list for 13/14 year old girls. The american record for 13/14 year old girls is 2:25.75 by Amanda Beard from 1996. Last year at the junior european championships there was a 15 year old russian girl swimming 2:26.29 and a 14 year old girl from Isreal swimming 2:29.31. Especially in the 200 breast we often see girls like that who then never do anything at senior level. Just look at Solnceva who was swimming 2:19 as a junior in 2015 and still hasnt won anything at senior level.

Edit: To make the A standard she would have to swim more than 4 seconds faster (2:25.52).

Edited by OlympicsFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:CRO Marin Mogić clocked 15:00.38 over 1500 m freestyle, fulfilling the Croatian quota for the event.


All King Victor Emmanuel's Show Horses Can Make Really Beautiful People Fall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...