website statistics

Swimming Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vinipereira

Unfortunately the brazilian championships don't count for olympic qualification but only for pan am and WCh (?). Apparently it's some bureaucratic reason from brazilian confederation. 

It's a pity because several brazilian and argentinian swimmers made OQT so far  during this competition.

7 hours ago, LDOG said:

Unfortunately the brazilian championships don't count for olympic qualification but only for pan am and WCh (?). Apparently it's some bureaucratic reason from brazilian confederation. 

It's a pity because several brazilian and argentinian swimmers made OQT so far  during this competition.

In theory if they count for World Championship they should count for Olympic Games. However on Fina website they are not listed as counted towards WCh, so I don’t know if that was a kind of restricted list

3 minutes ago, Shravan Kumar said:

Can I know who achieved this and when?  I know of one swimmer achieved B standard in 800m free

It was during Thailand national swimming championships held nearly 10 days ago. At the moment I don’t have the document and I don’t remember the name but if you make a quick research on google for this championships you will find it easily

2 hours ago, AlFHg said:

It was during Thailand national swimming championships held nearly 10 days ago. At the moment I don’t have the document and I don’t remember the name but if you make a quick research on google for this championships you will find it easily

Yeah it was Sajan Prakash.   No media had reported about him. Only rawat in 800m free was reported.

Sahnoun :ALG  got 00:48.51 in 100 m freestyle this morining

is he qualified ?????????

of course during this French champs as he joined the club of Marseille for training they allowed him to participate

zDyy.jpg

Edited by bestmen

At the argentine nationals this week only 1 qualification.

:ARG Delfina Pignatiello, W 1500m Free, 16:13:xx

She could have qualified as well in the 800 with her time of the brazilian championship of last week (sadly the competition didn't count for OQT) but opted not to compete in the event this week. 

Also some of our other swimmers that could qualify didn't participate (it seems no one takes our nationals seriously anymore lol).