website statistics

Women's Water Polo Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vlad

7 minutes ago, MHSN said:

how come they know there will be 2 Asian countries interested to participate ? I think only China and Kazakhstan will participate at the Asian qualifiers and one of them (China) will qualify from Asia.

they don't know it...they have reserved 2 places for Asian teams...if they won't participate, their slots will simply remain empty (like the other teams that withdrew from Africa and Pan-Am)...

Edited by phelps

3 minutes ago, Vektor said:

I mean, I am more afraid of Netherlands, we barely beat them at the Euros in Budapest. Italy on the other hand didn't look so strong at the ECh, but maybe they will improve for the OQT. 

OK...but I still hope that you won't end up playing ITA in the decisive semifinal match...:p

Just now, dcro said:

According to Wikipedia, :PRK:SGP:UZB are also interested.

I have doubts about Korea (as anyone might), but Uzbekistan participating would be feasible.

well not sure if we can trust wikipedia, none of them participated at the Asian Games ! but even if they are interested to participate in Asian qualifiers, it doesn't mean they want to be the punching bag at the World qualifiers.

On 02/02/2020 at 02:37, Olympian1010 said:

EDIT: I already regret posting this, but what can I do now :dunno:

Interest in hosting the games has diminished terribly, but interest in the games themselves is fine. People love the Olympics, they just don’t want to host them because of the horror stories like Rio. The problem you seem to fail to identify (or at least one of them), is the corruption and bureaucracy within the IOC. The IOC is to blame for a lot of this. Rio (and I’m sorry to my Brazilian friends on here), shouldn’t been given the games. The IOC got extremely lucky with their Beijing gamble, and then they went nuts. Let’s not also forget about the ridiculous demands they place on host cities that have nothing to do with the games themselves. 

The size is fine, though you’re making want to drop Shooting, Wrestling, Badminton, and Archery under your system though :mad:. Obscure events! Your nation invented fucking Kabaddi and Kho-Kho! Just because an event is “obscure”, it doesn’t make it any less deserving of Olympic inclusion.

Those claims are downright false, and quite frankly hilarious to read. I’m sure @KingOfTheRhinos can back me up here.

They are too many drug cheats, that’s the first true part of your statement. 

Sorry, we can’t all grew up in the wonderful conditions India has provided it’s youth...

Now, I’m going to start my rant.

All the fucking time I see sports fans from India complaining that multi-sports games are unfair because they don’t win enough medals. Maybe it’s time to grow the fuck up, and look inward at your problems. A) You’re competing against highly developed countries with billions of dollars invested into sports. B) There are people in your country right now, who just received electricity for the first time ever last year. C) If you’re so concerned about other countries cheating, do something about it! Don’t just sit their like whining bitches because who need their diapers changed every seconds because they’re to incapable of doing anything themselves.  

Also, not every as meant as a slight against India. Even though Indians seem to think the interest world is out to destroy their way of life, it’s not true. Yes, the CGF removing shooting from the Commonwealth Games was a shity move, but so is being so concerned about your precious medal table standing that you’ll boycott the games unless you can both shooting and archery now. 

Here’s my advice. The Olympic Games and international sports as a whole are flawed, but your suggestions are shit, and you should keep them to yourself.

To every other sane user, I’m sorry for this behavior. It’s been a long month, and I had some anger pent up. I apologize for my language, and my derogatory attitude towards Indian sports fans. I really did some harsh stereotyping right there, and it’s not fair, because most Indian sports fans aren’t like that. There just seems to be a super vocal minority I’ve seen various places around the web, and I’ve had enough quite frankly. This behavior doesn’t model the behavior I always say I wish for the forum, and that is a shortcoming on my part. However, that said, I just needed this right now, so there. Also, sorry moderators for both making read this, and for wasting your time on this junk. 

Amen

1 uur terug, phelps zei:

both men and women's tournaments have the same format: preliminary groups, then the top 4 in each group advance to quarterfinals, QTFs winners advance to semifnals and there will be also placement finals...

women's tournament has 2 quota up for grabs, men's tournament has 3...

this is the full draw of the women's tournament (Triest, ITA, March 8th - March 15th)

Group A

:ITA Italy

:NED Netherlands

:FRA France

:SVK Slovakia

:WHT TBD (Asia #2)

Group B

:HUN Hungary

:GRE Greece

:ISR Israel

:NZL New Zealand

:WHT TBD (Asia #1)

Hopefully you are right! Semifinals as deciding matches will be interesting. 

2 minuten geleden, phelps zei:

sure, the format is confirmed by the Italian National Federation...;)

Thanks! And happy that Netherlands and Italy won't fight each other for the Olympic ticket. We beat Italy 10-4 at the ECh, but the Italian players were infected (virus) that day according Dutch media. Normally Italy is a little better than us.