website statistics

Women's Water Polo Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vlad

5 minutes ago, CCB said:

I'm not sure about it, but the person who did the draw ceremony mumbled something like that. The men's tournament has quarter finals and semi finals for sure.

I'm reading that there will be quarterfinals for the women, still trying to find something more official.

36 minutes ago, CCB said:

:wall:

:NED and :ITA in the same poule at the Olympic Qualification tournament. In the end only 10 teams are participating (Africa and South America withdrew), therefore there will be only a round robin. Both poule winners qualify for the Olympics. Not very happy with this draw, against Italy in Italy.

28 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Weird, you'd think they would have had at least a semi-final match

17 minutes ago, CCB said:

I'm not sure about it, but the person who did the draw ceremony mumbled something like that. The men's tournament has quarter finals and semi finals for sure.

both men and women's tournaments have the same format: preliminary groups, then the top 4 in each group advance to quarterfinals, QTFs winners advance to semifnals and there will be also placement finals...

women's tournament has 2 quota up for grabs, men's tournament has 3...

this is the full draw of the women's tournament (Triest, ITA, March 8th - March 15th)

Group A

:ITA Italy

:NED Netherlands

:FRA France

:SVK Slovakia

:WHT TBD (Asia #2)

Group B

:HUN Hungary

:GRE Greece

:ISR Israel

:NZL New Zealand

:WHT TBD (Asia #1)

1 minute ago, phelps said:

Group A

:WHT TBD (Asia #2)

Group B

:WHT TBD (Asia #1)

how come they know there will be 2 Asian countries interested to participate ? I think only China and Kazakhstan will participate at the Asian qualifiers and one of them (China) will qualify from Asia.

3 minutos atrás, phelps disse:

both men and women's tournaments have the same format: preliminary groups, then the top 4 in each group advance to quarterfinals, QTFs winners advance to semifnals and there will be also placement finals...

women's tournament has 2 quota up for grabs, men's tournament has 3...

South Africa will use their continental quota in both genders?

Just now, MHSN said:

how come they know there will be 2 Asian countries interested to participate ? I think only China and Kazakhstan will participate at the Asian qualifiers and one of them (China) will qualify from Asia.

According to Wikipedia, :PRK:SGP:UZB are also interested.

I have doubts about Korea (as anyone might), but Uzbekistan participating would be feasible.

#banbestmen