website statistics

Men's Water Polo Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vlad

5 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I was in contact in one of Iran NT players in past few days, Iran Swimming federation talking to FINA and IOC in past couple of weeks, trying to convince them to have a match vs Kazakhstan and apparently they received some positive signs, the players were told to be ready to maybe play one match against Kazakhstan most probably in Moscow !

but now with the recent news about virus in Iran, it seems even our federation almost lost hope that FINA takes another decision. still nothing is officially confirmed by FINA but the players were told to keep training.

But China is still kicked out because we accept the women's quota? I saw the news China's NT player already back to China ( not sure the credibility). If so, they should already give up.

15 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

But China is still kicked out because we accept the women's quota? I saw the news China's NT player already back to China ( not sure the credibility). If so, they should already give up.

that's what our swimming federation claimed in the first place. they said all other Asian countries (including China ) was OK with the arrangement.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dcro said:

Apparently they may use the results of the 2019 Worlds to determine qualifiers.

:CRO:GRE:GER would qualify in such scenario. :MNE would be out.

That would be awful, Montenegro is better than two of those teams. 

1 hour ago, Vektor said:

That would be loads of luck for Germany after awful European Championships. In the condition they showed at the European they'd get three kicks in the ass by all three teams.

4 hours ago, Vektor said:

Well I think we should shut up, as the same criteria with the women would benefit Hungary :d

We should see how this Covid-2019 thing will go, but using the 2019 WCh ranking is maybe fairer than a OQT organized amid the whole Covid-19 chaos, with teams who dont know for the moment when or if the OQT is going to be held, etc. etc.

And all this rests on the assumption that there will be Olympics at some point of this year...