website statistics

Trampoline Gymnastics Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

hckošice

• 1 year later...

Are you sure about Spain's quota?

I was reading the qualification system and it says "The eight (8) highest placed male and the 8 highest placed female athletes based on the results of the Finals", so I think that only those gymnasts qualifed for the final could obtain the quota, and the rest are reallocated to World Cup ranking.

Furthermore, our national federation has not said anything about the quota (but they tend to ignore trampoline, so I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't notice).

Edited by Cobi

30 minutes ago, Cobi said:

Are you sure about Spain's quota?

I was reading the qualification system and it says "The eight (8) highest placed male and the 8 highest placed female athletes based on the results of the Finals", so I think that only those gymnasts qualifed for the final could obtain the quota, and the rest are reallocated to World Cup ranking.

Furthermore, our national federation has not said anything about the quota (but they tend to ignore trampoline, so I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't notice).

Fixed.

I appologize for the confusion

I think that USA Men get the unused Host Country quota for this sport?  

"The unused quota place of the Host Country will be reallocated to the athlete from the next highest ranked eligible NOC (highest ranked male or female athlete) as per the Individual ranking results of the qualifying round of the 2019 World Championships".  After discounting 9th places for both genders, as they had already qualified, I make it that USA Men came in 10th, whilst Georgia Women came in 11th.  Happy to be corrected, as this is one of the more complicated ones.  

Just now, phelps said:

directly from FIG Gymnastics...

https://www.gymnastics.sport/asset.php?id=fidb_9057

@Cobi's interpretation was correct...only those who made the final could qualify, so we have only 6 women and 5 men's quota awarded after the World Champs...

all the remaining quota supposed to be awarded in Tokyo 2019 worlds, instead will be reallocated to the next qualifying competitions...

@Cmon Mary no quota for the USA, as they didn't make the top 8...

Phelps, thanks for the link.  This was what I was looking for to get confirmation one way or another - not looking to disagree.  I still don't understand why they put the statement in for reallocation of Host slots in the formal qualification document if they did not intend to use it.  

Section F: "The unused quota place of the Host Country will be reallocated to the athlete from the next highest ranked eligible NOC (highest ranked male or female athlete) as per the Individual ranking results of the qualifying round of the 2019 World Championships".