website statistics

Track Cycling Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

hckošice

2 ore fa, Jose Luis ha scritto:

Ranking olympic They are not including the results of the II World Cup, only of the 1st

Looks like it, but at least they inserted also olympic rankings for road cycling and BMX (both racing and freestyle)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 19/01/2019 at 09:40, dcro said:

Asian nations are cheating in the team sprint, team pursuit and madison rankings. :)

image.png

I either don't see the joke or don't understand the 'cheating' part :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, dcro said:

They have their continental championships counted twice. ;)

:redcard: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 1 month later...

Has anyone worked out how the Omnium, Madison and Team Pursuit tie in?  If an NOC qualifies as top 8 for Team Pursuit, they get an automatic entry into the Madison - I get that.  Does that mean they also get an entry into the Omnium as well?  Teams "directly qualified in the Madison event" get a place in the Omnium as well, and the rankings for the Omnium is supposed to exclude those who "have not directly qualified any quota places in Madison".  So what does that mean for the Team Pursuit qualifiers?  Do they go into the Madison rankings for these purposes?  I feel like I am disappearing into a vortex trying to work this out.  

Just now, Cmon Mary said:

Has anyone worked out how the Omnium, Madison and Team Pursuit tie in?  If an NOC qualifies as top 8 for Team Pursuit, they get an automatic entry into the Madison - I get that.  Does that mean they also get an entry into the Omnium as well?  Teams "directly qualified in the Madison event" get a place in the Omnium as well, and the rankings for the Omnium is supposed to exclude those who "have not directly qualified any quota places in Madison".  So what does that mean for the Team Pursuit qualifiers?  Do they go into the Madison rankings for these purposes?  I feel like I am disappearing into a vortex trying to work this out.  

Yeah, I don't get why they put it like that, but seems like those qualified in team pursuit are not directly qualified for the omnium.

In any case, we know that 20/21 is the max number of athletes for the omnium. And since there are 12/13 omnium-only quotas, then only 8 madison nations get their place directly (indeed, presumably those without team pursuit).

#banbestmen

I think the nations qualified in team pursuit need to qualify through omnium ranking and madison quota for omnium are for nations qualified through madison ranking. I assume that because of total available quota.