website statistics

Sprint Canoeing Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

hckošice

4 hours ago, manu270 said:

2 cuotas = Spain's unused K1 200 m quota  + JPN (cuota Organizing Country ) = RUS

Except if you read the document, declined quotas are reallocated to the same event, not the multiple athlete pot. Likewise the document above states Belarus received the host reallocation.

• 2 months later...

Entries for the Oceanian qualifier.

Looks like Cook Islands and Samoa will compete in the men's K2 1000m only to allow New Zealand to qualify. :p This will open up places for island nations in K1 events, as New Zealand can't qualify more than two athletes. K1 events will have :SAM:COK:PLW (and no Pita).

Also, Samoa will conveniently compete in the women's C2 500m, despite having no chance whatsoever. I wonder if they will be getting any compensation for such futile effort...

Island nations are also guaranteed to qualify in the women's K1 200 m.

#banbestmen

44 minutes ago, dcro said:

Looks like Cook Islands and Samoa will compete in the men's K2 1000m only to allow New Zealand to qualify. :p This will open up places for island nations in K1 events, as New Zealand can't qualify more than two athletes. K1 events will have :SAM:COK:PLW (and no Pita).

Also, Samoa will conveniently compete in the women's C2 500m, despite having no chance whatsoever. I wonder if they will be getting any compensation for such futile effort...

Island nations are also guaranteed to qualify in the women's K1 200 m.

Gotta expose those loopholes :p . At least money is no longer a barrier for Pacific nations to compete.

Do you know if the three nations per event is fulfilled at the beginning of the event or if it gets recalculated. For example Australia will likely return its K1 1000m quota due to exceeding the maximum athlete quota for men's kayak, that means a Pacific nation gets the K1 1000m quota, but that would mean only two will now be eligible for the K1 200m quota...

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Looks like Cook Islands and Samoa will compete in the men's K2 1000m only to allow New Zealand to qualify. :p This will open up places for island nations in K1 events, as New Zealand can't qualify more than two athletes. K1 events will have :SAM:COK:PLW(and no Pita).

To me, it seems Pita is in the entry list in K1 200m:

Spoiler

image.png

Pita and Malakai are also listed on the entry list for K2 1000m:

Spoiler

image.png

Full disclosure, I don't know much about the Olympic canoe/kayak qualification system. 

Edited by Wumo

47 minutes ago, Wumo said:

To me, it seems Pita is in the entry list in K1 200m:

Reveal hidden contents

Pita and Malakai are also listed on the entry list for K2 1000m:

Reveal hidden contents

Full disclosure, I don't know much about the Olympic canoe/kayak qualification system. 

Thanks. For whatever reason he is listed under New South Wales.

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Gotta expose those loopholes :p . At least money is no longer a barrier for Pacific nations to compete.

Do you know if the three nations per event is fulfilled at the beginning of the event or if it gets recalculated. For example Australia will likely return its K1 1000m quota due to exceeding the maximum athlete quota for men's kayak, that means a Pacific nation gets the K1 1000m quota, but that would mean only two will now be eligible for the K1 200m quota...

Australia is already listed as uneligible for all men's kayak events.

And with Tonga competing too, there are no more concerns. I do believe however that these lists provided by ICF are used to determine whether an event is eligible or not. I'd be surprised if the status can change after the event if already underway.

#banbestmen

11 minutes ago, dcro said:

Thanks. For whatever reason he is listed under New South Wales.

That’s where Tonga trains. They have some deal with the Aussies to train them or something.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

@JoshMartini007 If New Zealand qualifies for the K2 1000m, can they also submit an entry for the K1 1000m then?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

That’s where Tonga trains. They have some deal with the Aussies to train them or something.

Surprised the Aussies need his money :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!