website statistics

Boxing Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

George_D

16 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I'll be curious where they will find the judges. I doubt AIBA will allow them to officiate.

it looks they will rent some of them from the Pro organizations (WBA, WBC, IBF, WBO and so on)...

which means that we won't have fair results also this time...AIBA or not AIBA...:whistle:

On 22/05/2019 at 21:42, phelps said:

it looks they will rent some of them from the Pro organizations (WBA, WBC, IBF, WBO and so on)...

which means that we won't have fair results also this time...AIBA or not AIBA...:whistle:

So who would you suggest? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 hours ago, heywoodu said:

So who would you suggest? :p 

nobody...as I always said, get rid of boxing at the Olympic Games...

leaving aside the corruption issues, they're not even the best boxers in the world and they don't fight with a format giving fighters a chance to express themselves up to the limit (and it would be impossible to have pro boxers fighting 10 or 12-round matches because of the restricted time the Olympics are stuck with)...

so, why still wasting time and money with that?

p.s. it's the same with men's football, baseball and any other sports that don't take to the Games the best "personnel" they could...:evil:

p.p.s. and if we stay strictly in topic and only talk about judging the boxing tournament, I'm pretty sure that they could find some good ref and judge among those of the Pro organizations (and even among those from AIBA), but I'm also convinced that they will never choose those people with a "clean file" instead of those "usual suspects" with certain tendencies to "manage" the outcome of a match not in a 100% fair and neutral point of view...:whistle::facepalm:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 30/06/2019 at 00:06, Laraja said:

How do you qualify 5 or 6 from a Boxing Qualification Tournament?  I can see 4 or 8 is straightforward (all semi- or quarter-finalists), but does that mean there are a series of fight offs between people who have already been beaten up?