website statistics

Women's Volleyball Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

VolleyRuller96

3 hours ago, CCB said:

Great news that The Netherlands organizes the OQT! Still the Dutch team isn't the favourite. They played very bad at the World Cup (only 8th), Turkey will be the favourite (together with Poland). 

I wouldn't say the FIVB World Cup is anything so serious that you can predict other competition's results based on it (maybe except African Championships after the game between the two representatives of this continent). But yes, I agree that Poland will be the favorite (though I hope we won't have to play against host, Turkey outside of its home is much less dangerous than Netherlands at home).

2 uur geleden, Vojthas zei:

I wouldn't say the FIVB World Cup is anything so serious that you can predict other competition's results based on it (maybe except African Championships after the game between the two representatives of this continent). But yes, I agree that Poland will be the favorite (though I hope we won't have to play against host, Turkey outside of its home is much less dangerous than Netherlands at home).

Yes, but Netherlands played with their A-team (only De Kruijff didn't play), many other teams played with their B or C-choice. After the disappointing results this summer (EC and OGQ) it would surprise me when Netherlands grabs the last Olympic ticket. My prediction: Turkey.

• 4 weeks later...

Continental Qualification Events:

Africa: 4-9 January in Yaoundè, :CMR

Europe: 5-12 January in Apeldoorn, :NED

Asia: 6-12 January in a place to long even to copy and paste, :THA

South America: 7-9 January in Manizales, :COL

North America: 9-12 January in Santo Domingo, :DOM

Edited by AlFHg

9 hours ago, MHSN said:

Asian Qualifiers Draw

Group A) :THA:TPE:AUS

Group B) :KOR:KAZ:IRI:INA

It was supposed to be 8, but India withdrew, even tough the draw doesn't really matter, it will be Thailand-South Korea in the final after all

I'm rooting for Thailand to snatch that Asian olympic spot.

Dnia 24.10.2019 o 12:39, AlFHg napisał:

Continental Qualification Events:

Africa: 4-9 January in Yaoundè, :CMR

Europe: 5-12 January in Apeldoorn, :NED

Asia: 6-12 January in a place to long even to copy and paste, :THA

South America: 7-9 January in Manizales, :COL

North America: 9-12 January in Santo Domingo, :DOM

That is Nakhon Ratchasima :lol: 

On 28/10/2019 at 13:25, MHSN said:

Asian Qualifiers Draw

Group A) :THA:TPE:AUS

Group B) :KOR:KAZ:IRI:INA

It was supposed to be 8, but India withdrew, even tough the draw doesn't really matter, it will be Thailand-South Korea in the final after all

Still, a pretty strange decision by AVC to have group A contain only 3 teams. If India withdrew, then I think the next not-qualified team - Hong Kong (or, in case if they would not be able to participate because of the political turmoil in their country - New Zealand) should take their place in the Olympic Qualifying Tournament. :mumble:

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

Just now, VolleyRuller96 said:

Still, a pretty strange decision by AVC to have group A contain only 3 teams. If India withdrew, then I think the next not-qualified team - Hong Kong (or, in case if they would not be able to participate because of the political turmoil in their country - New Zealand) should take their place in the Olympic Qualifying Tournament. :mumble:

I assume they weren't interested. Olympic Qualification is different than continental Championships. those without chance aren't usually interested

there is also possible for Iran to withdraw.

PS: in the men's tournament, they replaced Pakistan with the next team Kazakhstan, so I think they offered that to the next team here too.