website statistics

Women's Volleyball Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

VolleyRuller96

1 hour ago, Rafoo said:

Yeah but 100% someone stronger than us will not qualify from world tournament so they will be in EQT

I cant find exact system for EQT but i am positive that Croatia will have at least a chance for EQT. But indeed,opponents are tough,to be best European team at EQT is unlikely for Croatia. Italy,Russia,Netherlands,Belgium,Germany,Turkey,Serbia,just to name a few.

1 hour ago, ChandlerMne said:

I cant find exact system for EQT but i am positive that Croatia will have at least a chance for EQT. But indeed,opponents are tough,to be best European team at EQT is unlikely for Croatia. Italy,Russia,Netherlands,Belgium,Germany,Turkey,Serbia,just to name a few.

The host and the seven best not yet qualified teams in the European ranking list after this years European Championships can participate. Croatia is currently 11th in the Ranking: https://www.cev.eu/Rankings/Women.aspx

So let's assume Serbia, Russia and either Netherlands or Italy qualify at the first tournament and the host is an already better ranked team, this position would be exactly the last one that allows Croatia to take part in the EQT.  

1 hour ago, EselTheDonkey said:

The host and the seven best not yet qualified teams in the European ranking list after this years European Championships can participate. Croatia is currently 11th in the Ranking: https://www.cev.eu/Rankings/Women.aspx

So let's assume Serbia, Russia and either Netherlands or Italy qualify at the first tournament and the host is an already better ranked team, this position would be exactly the last one that allows Croatia to take part in the EQT.  

Still Croatia can earn more points at Europeans.

And one thing about the Serbia - I don't have anything against them, but personally I'd rather see Poland winning the quota. Especially that I'm planning to be there.

1 hour ago, Vojthas said:

And one thing about the Serbia - I don't have anything against them, but personally I'd rather see Poland winning the quota. Especially that I'm planning to be there.

Sorry but we'll win this one for sure. I'm 100% sure.

4 hours ago, Vojthas said:

Fair enough but Serbia is much stronger than Poland,in normal circumstances i cant see any scenario in which Poland can beat Serbia.

2 hours ago, LDOG said:

I mean, it's the world champion vs a team that doesn't even qualify for it...

Hey, let's be honest - just because we once lost an almost won game against Czech Republic doesn't mean we're weaker.

The Polish women's volleyball NT is the team I never analyse with my mind, just with my heart. And it says, that in female volleyball there is no such a thing like "normal circumstances". Though, of course, Serbia will be the candidate no. 1.

9 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

Hey, let's be honest - just because we once lost an almost won game against Czech Republic doesn't mean we're weaker.

The Polish women's volleyball NT is the team I never analyse with my mind, just with my heart. And it says, that in female volleyball there is no such a thing like "normal circumstances". Though, of course, Serbia will be the candidate no. 1.

Normal circumstances are where both teams play with best players,without injured ones.

7 hours ago, Vojthas said:

I mentioned the IMO most likely European picks for a quota at the first tournament. I want Germany to win one as well, but I fear it's not very likely against China. :p

Edited by EselTheDonkey