website statistics

Men's Volleyball Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

VolleyRuller96

• 3 weeks later...

Hosts announced: http://www.fivb.org/EN/Media/viewPressRelease.asp?No=80434&Language=en

Men's tournaments - August 9-11:
Pool A: Hosts are Bulgaria
Teams in pool: Brazil, Egypt, Bulgaria, Puerto Rico
Pool B: Hosts are Netherlands
Teams in pool: USA, Belgium, Netherlands, Korea
Pool C: Hosts are Italy
Teams in pool: Italy, Serbia, Australia, Cameroon
Pool D: Hosts are Poland
Teams in pool: Poland, France, Slovenia, Tunisia
Pool E: Hosts are Russia
Teams in pool: Russia, Iran, Cuba, Mexico
Pool F: Hosts are China
Teams in pool: Canada, Argentina, Finland, China

Aparently, FIVB is asking $500K to host any of these tournaments. If so, then, there is no other word to call it but a fraud.

I'm hopping that the IOC will step in at some point to stop this madness. OQT should not be used in any maner to bring back money into IFs pocket.

https://www.onet.pl/?utm_source=sport_viasg&utm_medium=nitro&utm_campaign=allonet_nitro_new&srcc=ucs&pid=4c142e8b-25d6-48b1-ab83-b52b941845c7&sid=96fc7e4d-c74c-44d9-ab11-c24e6131b623&utm_v=2

10 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

Aparently, FIVB is asking $500K to host any of these tournaments. If so, then, there is no other word to call it but a fraud.

I'm hopping that the IOC will step in at some point to stop this madness. OQT should not be used in any maner to bring back money into IFs pocket.

https://www.onet.pl/?utm_source=sport_viasg&utm_medium=nitro&utm_campaign=allonet_nitro_new&srcc=ucs&pid=4c142e8b-25d6-48b1-ab83-b52b941845c7&sid=96fc7e4d-c74c-44d9-ab11-c24e6131b623&utm_v=2

Completelly agreed. Always money mad. :spank:

1 hour ago, De_Gambassi said:

I'm hopping that the IOC will step in at some point to stop this madness. OQT should not be used in any maner to bring back money into IFs 

Just as a comparison, I've had a look at the 2016 balance sheet of the Italian Basketball Federation on their website...it looks like they paid 2.5 million € to FIBA for a men's OQT :wacko:...according to the press, they had to offer at least 1.7 million in order to bid.

Edited by Dunadan

Lol I called China hosting our tournament on the women's thread, anyway it doesn't matter they will probably still end in last place.

I'm surprised the Netherlands host but they probably got encouraged by their wch performance. 

il y a 19 minutes, Dunadan a déclaré:

Just as a comparison, I've had a look at the 2016 balance sheet of the Italian Basketball Federation on their website...it looks like they paid 2.5 million € to FIBA for a men's OQT :wacko:...according to the press, they had to offer at least 1.7 million in order to bid.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat ?! that's fucking insane. That's robery, plain and simple.

2 uur geleden, De_Gambassi zei:

FIVB again. Madness!!

Still nice Netherlands host the men's tournament, quite unfair the Dutch NEVOBO choose to bet on the men's team and not the women's. 

Women's team will face Italy in Italy :facepalm: