website statistics

Men's Volleyball Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

VolleyRuller96

We now know 7 of the 8 teams that will participate in the Asian Qualifying Tournament:

:AUS Australia 

:CHN China
:TPE Chinese Taipei

:IND India
:IRI Iran
:PAK Pakistan

:KOR South Korea

The 8th contender will most likely be revealed on the 20th of September, as the Asian Championships will finish.

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

hace 21 minutos, NaBUru38 dijo:

I don't understand the need for these Olympic qualifiers. It would be better to use exiting tournaments, like the continental championships or games.

The FIVB needs to have 30 tournaments each year, it would not miss this opportunity.

4 uur geleden, EselTheDonkey zei:

Germany didn't compose anything. The Groups are seeded by ranking. It's just that Germany as host is seeded first. Your women will, too.

But there's a difference, our women are the highest ranked team indeed. Germany is just 7th of the 8 teams.

3-4-7-8 and 1-2-5-6: I think it's a strange composotion, but fair enough, Germany didn't compose anything, it's just the stupid FIVB/CEV-rules and lucky Germany.

Edited by CCB

Frankly, I don't think it really changes anything. Only the winner qualifies. If Germany wants to qualify for Tokyo, they have to defeat the teams from Group B as well, sooner or later. It's not a European Championships, where reaching the semis gives you a chance for a medal.