website statistics

Skateboarding Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vinipereira

11 hours ago, intoronto said:

He is from Lebanon actually. The name sounds more Lebanese.

As per this

Weird, because I checked his profile in this website, and shows Liberia

But, this other website says Lebanon

As I said, there are a lot of mistakes in WS Ranking. They used a wrong country code for this athlete.

I'll fix that in ranking that I've already made, thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

@phelps and @Laraja I meant to ask earlier but forgot, but do skaters qualify a quota by name or for their NOC. Put simply, if skater qualifies, does that skater have to go, or could NOC choose someone else?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

54 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

@phelps and @Laraja I meant to ask earlier but forgot, but do skaters qualify a quota by name or for their NOC. Put simply, if skater qualifies, does that skater have to go, or could NOC choose someone else?

The quota is by name.

All skaters have to participate at least in one qualifying event and be listed by name in World Skateboarding Ranking

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Is Shaun White going to try to qualify in Street or Park?

I’d imagine Park. He’s had success as a Vert skater, but that discipline wasn’t added to the games (a good decision I might add). Park would have the most transferable skills from halfpipe and Vert, so that’d be the logical choice.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

38 minut temu, Maxim Fastovsky napisał:

Is Shaun White going to try to qualify in Street or Park?

He still didn't compete in any ranking event, did he? I don't see him qualifying. 

I am unashamed, at getting nothing done.

Just now, szy123 said:

He still didn't compete in any ranking event, did he? I don't see him qualifying. 

Two words: World Championships. :evil: