website statistics

Skateboarding Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vinipereira

5 hours ago, dcro said:

So I guess he is provisionally given the continental quota then?

Yes, World Skate have him marked as such. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

38 minutes ago, dcro said:

Even though it should be Benin? Great. :p

I’d be happy to see either country at the Olympics if I’m being completely honest. It would almost certainly be Liberia’s only sport outside swimming and athletics. I think Benin should get a fencer, so I’d prefer Liberia.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

53 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’d be happy to see either country at the Olympics if I’m being completely honest. It would almost certainly be Liberia’s only sport outside swimming and athletics. I think Benin should get a fencer, so I’d prefer Liberia.

this time I think it will be difficult for :BEN Geoffrey Apithy to earn a spot in Fencing...

44 minutes ago, Laraja said:

The African street quota has now been corrected and shown going to Benin. The Liberian is less than 100 points behind, so anything is still possible.

26 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

The African street quota has now been corrected and shown going to Benin. The Liberian is less than 100 points behind, so anything is still possible.

Yes, before this stage, the Liberian was in a better position. If I'm not mistaken there are four different countries represented in men's street. :RSA:SEN:LBR:BEN

In other competitions don't appear any athlete from Africa.

1 hour ago, Laraja said:

Yes, before this stage, the Liberian was in a better position. If I'm not mistaken there are four different countries represented in men's street. :RSA:SEN:LBR:BEN

In other competitions don't appear any athlete from Africa.

Well there’s no point for those athletes because there’s no continental quota and there not as good as the top 5-10 countries. Also I can almost say with certainty that there’s no skateparks in most African countries. We have towns with a population of 3,000 that have class A skateparks in California, that just simply isn’t the case in Africa. Now, them having street broadens makes sense because in big cities it would possible to skate street style. Especially in the peaceful (or at least had been until recently (here’s looking at you Benin)) countries like the ones above because their would To time for someone to skate.