website statistics

Table Tennis Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vinipereira

Table Tennis Ranking for January has dropped. The rankings will decide the seeds for Team qualifiers in the end of the month.

In this I have also attached the PDF about the competition and there you can see how teams are drawn.

Men-OTR-2020.01.pdf Women-OTR-2020.01.pdf 2020_WTQT_Sport_Specific.pdf

In mixed doubles i have a doubt important. The continental have priority but the majority are vying for when you have already been assigned seats through the final World Tour 2019, or world tour 2020 Platinum. If the countries that earn the continental in mixed doubles had already obtained plaza the world tour . Who would be allocated those vacancies?

Another question. The world tour of Magdeburg provides platinum 2 Olympic spots mixed in for the 2 finalists but participating countries already provisionally classified through the final World Tour 2019. What happens if one of these countries arrive at the end?

.Moreover, the places of the final world tour are provisional as the undisputed continental still have priority

2 hours ago, Jose Luis said:

In mixed doubles i have a doubt important. The continental have priority but the majority are vying for when you have already been assigned seats through the final World Tour 2019, or world tour 2020 Platinum. If the countries that earn the continental in mixed doubles had already obtained plaza the world tour . Who would be allocated those vacancies?

Another question. The world tour of Magdeburg provides platinum 2 Olympic spots mixed in for the 2 finalists but participating countries already provisionally classified through the final World Tour 2019. What happens if one of these countries arrive at the end?

.Moreover, the places of the final world tour are provisional as the undisputed continental still have priority

My dear friend, don't worry. You will not get the answer because no one knows properly. Maybe it can be cleared by ITTF. I don't think the social media accounts of ITTF is also a good option 

A very easy solution for all questions is: "they are unused quotas to be allocated through Olympic Ranking Lists". No idea if ITTF will agree, however

hace 22 minutos, AlFHg dijo:

Una solución muy fácil para todas las preguntas es: "son cuotas no utilizadas que se asignarán a través de las listas de clasificación olímpica". Sin embargo, no tengo idea si la ITTF estará de acuerdo

I agree

• 3 weeks later...