website statistics

Taekwondo Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

uk12points

13 minutes ago, dodge said:

Am I right that with Dell’Aquilla winning, Woolley is now confirmed?

no that was irrelevant, Grand Slam is a different tournament will be held in China in 2 weeks. and has its own ranking. (adding points from 2017, 2018 and 2019 Grand Slam)

right now these 2 Koreans are leading in that ranking too but there is a Chinese guy next to them, if that guy Liang Yushuai wins this 2019 Grand Slam he also will win the quota. otherwise it goes to Woolley and I can say that's highly unlikely for the Chinese guy to win the gold. there will be lots of guys better than him in the competition.

8 hours ago, phelps said:

and this is a great result also for Italy, as Simone Alessio will have 1 (likely 2) tough opponents less to face in the final European OQT next year in Milan...:p

no for Martinez , he could not participate in the European OQT, because Spain already had 2 :p (I'm sure you knew the rules)

I think Alessio will be one of the big favorites but we always have surprises , continental qualifiers won't be easy for anybody. but it will be funny if Aaron Cook misses the Olympics.

2 minutes ago, MHSN said:

no for Martinez , he could not participate in the European OQT, because Spain already had 2 :p (I'm sure you knew the rules)

I think Alessio will be one of the big favorites but we always have surprises , continental qualifiers won't be easy for anybody. but it will be funny if Aaron Cook misses the Olympics.

oh, yes...at that moment I didn't realize that Spain already had 2 more men among the qualified fighters...

however, I hope also Kanaet makes it from the OQR...the less risks we take, the better it is...:p

however, I'm really impressed with Dell'Aquila's performance in this weekend...I didn't really expect him to beat with such margin (well beyond the final score) someone like Jang Jun...

I'd be really happy if in Tokyo we  have a gold medal match between him and Hadipour (with Vito winning, of course :p)...

1 hour ago, phelps said:

oh, yes...at that moment I didn't realize that Spain already had 2 more men among the qualified fighters...

however, I hope also Kanaet makes it from the OQR...the less risks we take, the better it is...:p

however, I'm really impressed with Dell'Aquila's performance in this weekend...I didn't really expect him to beat with such margin (well beyond the final score) someone like Jang Jun...

I'd be really happy if in Tokyo we  have a gold medal match between him and Hadipour (with Vito winning, of course :p)...

I will be really happy to see Hadipour in the final specially against Vito. then we can talk about the gold medal :p but it seems that was his 6th defeat against Jang Jun today ! :facepalm: I think our coach will try his best to put Hadipour anywhere in the ranking far away from Jang. so for that final to happen Vito has to take care of Jang, not Armin :p

that was a great win, I think Jang was the best male athlete of 2019, beating him is something special

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/12/2019 at 13:26, dodge said:

That’s great. Thanks for the clarification lads. 

Going by the draw it seems Liang only has to defeat two fellow Chinese to qualify for the final and get the quota. Barring a miracle it seems Woolley is heading for the European qualifiers.