website statistics

Taekwondo Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

uk12points

I am sure that I read on World Taekwondo website that the sixth ranked athlete in the Olympic ranking would qualify. Can't find the page now.

Edit: it's here @MHSN

http://www.worldtaekwondo.org/world-taekwondo-grand-slam-series-offers-road-to-olympic-games-2/

Edited by Dunadan

• 1 month later...

here is the situation for the Olympic quota before the final day of the last ranking event. I can say I'm confident about my calculations,

58kg:

Qualified

:KOR Jang Jun

:ESP Jesus Tortosa

:IRI Armin Hadipour

:RUS Mikhail Artamonov

:ITA Vito Dell'Aquila

:IRL Jack Woolley is guaranteed 6th place and he has to wait for Grand Slam result, very good chance

68kg:

Qualified

:KOR Lee Dae-Hoon

:GBR Bradly Sinden

:CHN Zhao Shuai

:ESP Javier Perez

the 5th place will be between :IRI Mirhashem Hosseini and :BEL Jaouad Achab , if Hosseini wins the bronze he will finish 5th. but since the Grand Slam winner will be between Zhaom, Sinden or Lee for sure the 6th guy will qualify too, which means both Hosseini and Achab are 100% qualified.

80kg:

Qualified

:RUS Maksim Khramtcov

:AZE Milad Beigi

:CIV Cheick Sallah Cisse

:UZB Nikita Rafalovich

for now :ESP Raul Martinez is 5th and :CRO Toni Kanaet is 6th. but :EGY Seif Eissa can beat both of them and grab the last quota if he wins the bronze. in this case Eissa will receive the quota and Martinez has to wait for the Grand Slam. otherwise Martinez will qualify and Kanaet has to wait.

+80kg:

Qualified

:RUS Vladislav Larin

:KOR In Kyo-Don

:GER Alexander Bachmann

for now, :NIG Abdul Razzak Issoufou is 4th, :SLO Ivan Trajkovic is 5th and :GBR Mahama Cho is 6th but none of them are safe because :IRI Sajjad Mardani is in the final and will surpass all of them if he wins the gold. Trajkovic is also in the bronze medal match and if he wins he will take Issoufou's place and will qualify for sure. so if Mardani and Trajkovic win they will get the quota no matter what, Trajkovic can still qualify if Mardani fails. at worst Issoufou will be 6th (and can wait for the Grand Slam result) if both Mardani and Trajkovic win their matches in the final day.

Edited by MHSN

and for women

49kg:

Qualified

:THA Panipak Wongpattanakit

:KOR Sim Jae-Young

:TUR Rukiye Yildrim

:SRB Tijana Bogdanovic

the 5th place will be between :CHN Wu Jingyu and :CRO Kristina Tomic , if Wu wins the gold she will be 5th. but it won't matter most probably, because there is almost no chance for an outsider to win the Grand Slam quota, so even though it's not done mathematically yet but both Wu and Tomic are qualified already 99%.

57kg:

Qualified

:GBR Jade Jones

:KOR Lee Ah-Reum

:RUS Tatiana Kudashova

:TUR Irem Yaman

:CAN Skylar Park

I didn't count the points for these Turkish girls but it seems Hatice Ilgun still can grab Yaman's place if she wins the gold. doesn't matter who qualifies, Turkey still can send any of them because they are both in top 20.

:CHN Zhou Lijun is guaranteed 6th place, she is also the leading the Grand Slam ranking, all other athletes capable of reaching her in GS ranking are qualified already, only another Chinese girl Luo Zongshi can take her place. so the quota is 100% safe for China.

67kg:

Qualified

:TUR Nur Tatar

:CRO Matea Jelic

:GBR Lauren Williams

:CHN Zhang Mengyu

:CIV Ruth Gbagbi

:USA Paige McPherson is guaranteed 6th place, very good chance to qualify, but still Oh Hye-Ri of Korea can win the Grand Slam and denies her the quota.

+67kg:

:GBR Bianca Walkden

:CHN Zheng Shuyin

:KOR Lee Da-Bin

:SRB Milica Mandic

:TUR Nafia Kus

:POL Aleksandra Kowalczuk is guaranteed 6th place, also very good chance to qualify, she won't qualify only if one of those American girls win the Grand Slam.

5 hours ago, MHSN said:

and for women

49kg:

Qualified

:THA Panipak Wongpattanakit

:KOR Sim Jae-Young

:TUR Rukiye Yildrim

:SRB Tijana Bogdanovic

the 5th place will be between :CHN Wu Jingyu and :CRO Kristina Tomic , if Wu wins the gold she will be 5th. but it won't matter most probably, because there is almost no chance for an outsider to win the Grand Slam quota, so even though it's not done mathematically yet but both Wu and Tomic are qualified already 99%.

57kg:

Qualified

:GBR Jade Jones

:KOR Lee Ah-Reum

:RUS Tatiana Kudashova

:TUR Irem Yaman

:CAN Skylar Park

I didn't count the points for these Turkish girls but it seems Hatice Ilgun still can grab Yaman's place if she wins the gold. doesn't matter who qualifies, Turkey still can send any of them because they are both in top 20.

:CHN Zhou Lijun is guaranteed 6th place, she is also the leading the Grand Slam ranking, all other athletes capable of reaching her in GS ranking are qualified already, only another Chinese girl Luo Zongshi can take her place. so the quota is 100% safe for China.

67kg:

Qualified

:TUR Nur Tatar

:CRO Matea Jelic

:GBR Lauren Williams

:CHN Zhang Mengyu

:CIV Ruth Gbagbi

:USA Paige McPherson is guaranteed 6th place, very good chance to qualify, but still Oh Hye-Ri of Korea can win the Grand Slam and denies her the quota.

+67kg:

:GBR Bianca Walkden

:CHN Zheng Shuyin

:KOR Lee Da-Bin

:SRB Milica Mandic

:TUR Nafia Kus

:POL Aleksandra Kowalczuk is guaranteed 6th place, also very good chance to qualify, she won't qualify only if one of those American girls win the Grand Slam.

I believe Tomic is save 100% after they correct her points and increase it for 20 points. I wrote her yesterday on Instagramm. Let’s see, but I am 100% sure WT did a mistake with her and Jelic points. 

6 hours ago, MHSN said:

here is the situation for the Olympic quota before the final day of the last ranking event. I can say I'm confident about my calculations,

58kg:

Qualified

:IRL Jack Woolley is guaranteed 6th place and he has to wait for Grand Slam result, very good chance

68kg:

Qualified

:KOR Lee Dae-Hoon

:GBR Bradly Sinden

:CHN Zhao Shuai

:ESP Javier Perez

the 5th place will be between :IRI Mirhashem Hosseini and :BEL Jaouad Achab , if Hosseini wins the bronze he will finish 5th. but since the Grand Slam winner will be between Zhaom, Sinden or Lee for sure the 6th guy will qualify too, which means both Hosseini and Achab are 100% qualified.

80kg:

Qualified

:RUS Maksim Khramtcov

:AZE Milad Beigi

:CIV Cheick Sallah Cisse

:UZB Nikita Rafalovich

for now :ESP Raul Martinez is 5th and :CRO Toni Kanaet is 6th. but :EGY Seif Eissa can beat both of them and grab the last quota if he wins the bronze. in this case Eissa will receive the quota and Martinez has to wait for the Grand Slam. otherwise Martinez will qualify and Kanaet has to wait.

+80kg:

Qualified

:RUS Vladislav Larin

:KOR In Kyo-Don

:GER Alexander Bachmann

for now, :NIG Abdul Razzak Issoufou is 4th, :SLO Ivan Trajkovic is 5th and :GBR Mahama Cho is 6th but none of them are safe because :IRI Sajjad Mardani is in the final and will surpass all of them if he wins the gold. Trajkovic is also in the bronze medal match and if he wins he will take Issoufou's place and will qualify for sure. so if Mardani and Trajkovic win they will get the quota no matter what, Trajkovic can still qualify if Mardani fails. at worst Issoufou will be 6th (and can wait for the Grand Slam result) if both Mardani and Trajkovic win their matches in the final day.

In M80 Spain gets quota

Egypt is out after losing bronze medal match 

the 6th quota goes to Croatia or Korea via Grand Slam 

21 minutes ago, Cobi said:

If I am not mistaken, it will be the first time that we send 3 males to the Olympics! Since Sidney 2000 we had always qualified 2 men. :cheer: 

obviously...before Rio, the max was 2 per gender...

if you didn't get the triple in Rio, it was impossible by rule to do it before...:p

2 hours ago, prso1000 said:

In M80 Spain gets quota

Egypt is out after losing bronze medal match 

the 6th quota goes to Croatia or Korea via Grand Slam 

and this is a great result also for Italy, as Simone Alessio will have 1 (likely 2) tough opponents less to face in the final European OQT next year in Milan...:p

12 hours ago, MHSN said:

58kg:

Qualified

Am I right that with Dell’Aquilla winning, Woolley is now confirmed?